The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
| Release dates
November 11, 2011
|The Elder Scrolls: Arena||1994|
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall||1996|
|An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire||1997|
|The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard||1998|
|The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind||2002|
|The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion||2006|
|Knights of the Nine|
|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim||2011|
|The Elder Scrolls Online||2014|
- A wide array of bugs have been fixed through the community patches. See Unofficial patches.
- Active modding community, more mods can be found here and here.
- Due to the v-sync used as a kind of frame limiter, disabling it or playing with a non ~60 Hz screen will result in the physics behaving incorrectly.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Mods
- 4 Game data
- 5 Video settings
- 6 Input settings
- 7 Audio settings
- 8 Virtual reality support
- 9 Issues fixed
- 10 Other information
- 11 System requirements
- 12 References
|Amazon.com||Also available in The Elder Scrolls Anthology.|
|Green Man Gaming|
|Uplay||UK version, some languages may be missing.|
- All versions require Steam.
- The Elder Scrolls Anthology includes Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim along with all the main expansions and DLC.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition is a complete edition of Skyrim with all its DLC.
Downloadable content (DLC) and expansions
|High Resolution Texture Pack||Available here.|
- Provides a native borderless mode, skips the main intro along with some other tweaks and fixes such as the double cursor issue.
- Allows the player to close the game by pushing Alt+F4, while also fixing an issue which caused media keys to not work.
- Unofficial Skyrim Patch
- Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
- Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
- Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
- Powerful and easy to use mod manager with mod virtualization, in order to keep the main installation folder clean.
- Features a configuration editor, the SKSE executable can also be set to be launched through the configurator.
- SkyUI is required by certain mods in order to tweak and configure them.
- Advanced user interface, optimized for keyboard and mouse usage while being highly customizable.
- Required by most mods, simply extract the files into the main Skyrim path.
Save bloating cleaner
This is a partial fix for loose scripts, more advanced editing is required in order to remove broken scripts which may be stuck on the game's currently used thread.
Memory Management Fix
This fixes crashes and infinite loading screens that occur when the game engine fails to allocate more memory then the engine was originally intended to due to modding.
[Memory] DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768 ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
- Use the installation instructions from the preset if used
- Fixes issue when there is no more available video memory, a problem that occurs when using high resolution texture mods.
- Allows for significant graphical interments when used with a preset at the cost of performance but can be disabled.
- Can force V-sync, frame limiter, and Borderless-Windowed mode.
Installing ENB Without graphical improvements
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Multi-monitor||Use Flawless Widescreen.|
|Ultra-widescreen||Use Flawless Widescreen.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||See Field of view (FOV).|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See OneTweak.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||FXAA, MSAA.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Enabled by default. Can be disabled.|
|High frame rate|
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Enabled by default. See Mouse acceleration.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Certain input fields require a keyboard.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
Disabling the mouse acceleration
|Separate volume controls||Master, sound effects, footsteps, voices and music.|
|Surround sound||Up to 5.1 only.|
|Subtitles||Dialogue and general sounds.|
|Mute on focus lost||Certain ambient noises are still audible.|
|Turkish||Vanilla and Hearthfire. A translation is available here.|
Virtual reality support
|Nvidia 3D Vision|
|Oculus Rift||A workaround is available here.|
Stuttering on a laptop
- This fix only applies to laptops running on Windows 7.
Changing the maximum processor state
- Skyrim has multiple issues with Realtek HD boards.
Change the Realtek HD Audio settings
Enable loudness equalization
Crash on startup
Slowdown and stutter in cities
Disabling the official high resolution texture pack
Media keys not working
- See Elys Alt+F4.
Mouse not responding
- After playing Watch Dogs the mouse may become unresponsive, close the game and restart the computer.
Enabling shadows to be cast from trees and rocks
[Display] bTreesReceiveShadows=1 bDrawLandShadows=1
- Allows the game to be fully tweaked.
- Certain tweaks are unstable and may break the game.
|Operating system (OS)||XP, Vista, 7||Vista, 7|
|Processor (CPU)||Dual Core 2.0 GHz||Quad Core Intel or AMD|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||6 GB||8 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 512 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
| AMD Radeon 4890 |
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
1 GB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Skyrim Workshop Now Supports Paid Mods | Bethesda Blog
- Skyrim Mod Sanctuary 84 : Skyrim Memory Patch (Fix freezes and crashes)
- Do NOT disable vSync! - PC - Bethesda Softworks Forums
- PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up
- Skyrim Volume is too low - Steam Users' Forums
- How can I increase Skyrim's Volume? - StackExchange: Arquade
- Mouse control isn't working. - Skyrim Technical Support - The Nexus Forums
- Skyrim Tweak Guide 2.3