The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
| Release dates
November 11, 2011
|The Elder Scrolls: Arena||1994|
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall||1996|
|An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire||1997|
|The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard||1998|
|The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind||2002|
|The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion||2006|
|Knights of the Nine|
|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim||2011|
|The Elder Scrolls Online||2014|
- Minor bugs not fixed officially, but fixed by third-party patches. See Unofficial patches.
- Extensive modding community, including Steam Workshop integration.
- Locked at 60 FPS. The physics and any other simulations are tied to the game's framerate, causing problems if unlocked.
- Graphics glitches present on Nvidia SLI. Disable SLI.
- Official patch causes lip sync glitches; character's mouths move inconsistently with speech. No fix available.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 VR support
- 8 Issues fixed
- 8.1 General troubleshooting
- 8.2 Blurry text/font
- 8.3 Game stutters when playing on a laptop
- 8.4 Quiet audio
- 8.5 Crash on launcher or starting game
- 8.6 Stuttering in first person
- 8.7 Extreme stuttering/slowdowns when looking around in cities
- 8.8 Media keys not working
- 8.9 Mouse not responding
- 8.10 Sneak breaks when reloading a save
- 9 Other information
- 10 System requirements
- 11 References
|Amazon.com||Retail DVD and digital.|
|Amazon.com||The Elder Scrolls Anthology.|
|Green Man Gaming|
|Uplay||UK version, some languages may be missing.|
- All versions require Steam.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition is a complete edition with all DLC.
- The Elder Scrolls Anthology includes Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim together with all expansions and DLC.
- The Elder Scrolls Anthology includes a single Steam key that unlocks Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim along with all expansions and DLC.
Downloadable content (DLC) and expansions
|High Resolution Texture Pack||Free download.|
Skip intro videos
Skip intro logos
- Best installed along with a Mod Manager such as Mod Organizer.
- Unofficial Skyrim Patch
- Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
- Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
- Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
- Required by many mods such as SkyUI. Enables advanced scripting capabilities. Simply extract into the main Skyrim path.
- Advanced menu interface. Optimized for keyboard and mouse control, supports advanced sorting, search and scaling.
- Powerful and easy to use mod manager with mod virtualization to keep the installation folder clean.
- Can easily directly download mods from the Skyrim Nexus through its own client.
- Provides a native borderless mode along with some other important memory fixes.
- Skyrim Configurator, A GUI configuration file editor for Skyrim.
- LOOT (successor of BOSS), third-party pre-launcher. Resolves some mod incompatibilities.
- Wrye Bash, third-party mod manager. Resolves some mod incompatibilities and opens game settings for edits.
- TES5Edit - Used for merging patches and cleaning plugins and master files
- Some mods are either incompatible or need to overwrite other similar mods. Read any compatibility notes before installing multiple mods.
- Nexus Mods, Skyrim - Third party mods distributor.
- Skyrim G.E.M.S. - A varied collection of some of the most known and possibly useful mods.
- Steam Workshop, Skyrim - Subscribed mods are automatically installed and updated.
Remove screen tearing and smoothing mouse movements
Limit your FPS to an amount your computer can handle
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Set in launcher.|
|Multi-monitor||Use Flawless Widescreen.|
|Ultra-widescreen||Use Flawless Widescreen.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||See Field of view (FOV).|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See OneTweak.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Set in launcher.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Set in launcher.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Always on; disabling causes physics, timing and control problems.|
|High frame rate|| High FPS causes physics, timing and control problems.|
Change refresh rate to 60Hz with vsync on, or limit frame rate to 60 FPS.
Enable shadows for trees and rocks
- Setting bDrawLandShadows=1 may greatly increase the amount of shadow striping on the ground, even with mods such as Realistic Lighting Overhaul.
Tweak rendering distance
If you find your game to be unstable then you can revert uGrids back to its default settings.
Use Flawless Widescreen
Modify .ini files
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Enabled by default; see Mouse acceleration.|
|Mouse input in menus||Not when controller is enabled.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||Enabling prevents mouse input and vice versa.|
|Full controller support||Launcher requires mouse, character name entry requires keyboard.|
|Controller remapping||Fixed with 1.2 update and re-installing of drivers|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
Disabling mouse acceleration
|Separate volume controls||Master, effects, footsteps, voice and music.|
|Surround sound||Up to 5.1 |
|Subtitles||Dialog and general.|
|Mute on focus lost||Ambient noise (such as wind) remains audible.|
|Turkish||Base game and Hearthfire. See Steam Workshop.|
|NVIDIA 3D Vision|
|Oculus Rift||See Skyrim and Oculus Rift with a fixed HUD.|
Game stutters when playing on a laptop
Changing maximum processor state
Change the Realtek HD Audio Settings
Enable 'Loudness Equalization'
Crash on launcher or starting game
Stuttering in first person
Fixing 64hz stutter bug
Extreme stuttering/slowdowns when looking around in cities
Disable the high res texture pack
Media keys not working
Install Elys AltF4 Mod
Mouse not responding
Restart your computer
Sneak breaks when reloading a save
Find a chair and sit down in it
|Operating system (OS)|| |
XP, Vista, 7
|Processor (CPU)||Dual Core 2.0 GHz||Quad-core Intel or AMD|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||6 GB||8 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| 512 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
| NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 |
AMD Radeon 4890
1 GB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
- The Complete Elder Scrolls Collection comes to PC this September (Updated) | Bethesda Blog
- Elder Scrolls Retail · SubID: 29901 · Steam Database
- Do NOT disable vSync! - PC - Bethesda Softworks Forums
- Physics bugs in Skyrim at more than 60fps ?! - PC - Bethesda Softworks Forums
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Tweak Guide | GeForce
- PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up
- Skyrim Volume is too low - Steam Users' Forums
- How can I increase Skyrim's Volume? - StackExchange: Arquade
- Mouse control isn't working. - Skyrim Technical Support - The Nexus Forums
- Tested by Pridit