AMD Catalyst Control Center
- Titled AMD VISION Engine Control Center on systems with AMD CPUs.
- 1 Essential improvements
- 2 Issues unresolved
- 3 Issues fixed
- 4 Useful Links
- 5 References
Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)
- Allows running games in higher resolutions (e.g. 4K Ultra HD) on lower-resolution displays.
- Currently requires an AMD Radeon R9 290 or AMD Radeon R9 285 GPU.
- Monitor's native resolution must be one of the following: 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz, 1920 X 1200 @ 60Hz, 2560 x 1440 @ 60Hz, 1920 x 1080 @ 120Hz.
Can't enable Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)
- VSR is only supported on monitors with the following native resolutions: 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz, 1920 X 1200 @ 60Hz, 2560 x 1440 @ 60Hz, 1920 x 1080 @ 120Hz.
GPU Scaling Options Locked In Windows 7
A common problem on Windows 7 is the GPU Scaling options being locked which would make older games stretched in widescreen or shrunk to fit original size. There are many various fixes such as those from AMD or third party fixes or custom programs.
Some causes or symptoms of the issue can be described as listed in AMD's support page.
- Display's native resolution is currently being used.
- Digital connection between the graphics card and display not being used.
AMD's Official Fix
AMD's official fix is to choose a lower desktop resolution, set the scaling option, then restore the native desktop resolution.
ATI GPU Scaling Fix Program
Using AgentGOD's program allows you to set GPU scaling options using his third party program. You can view a forum post on Guru3D about the fix as well as the update log for the program.
If some DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 games are underscanned and have a black border around the screen (mostly on HDMI displays) in games like Crysis, Crysis 2, and L.A. Noire, despite the fact that you have set your scaling to zero, this guide should help.
Now, before you launch the game, there's one other fix you have to apply, and this is done on each individual game executable file.
Control Center not starting
there are PLENTY of possible causes and solutions for this problem.
Enabling 64 bit .NET (x64 windows only)
Full CCC Uninstall and Reinstall
Uninstall just CCC selectively (using Catalyst Install Manager), and then:
AMD's official website where you can find support and download drivers.
- What is the difference between the AMD Catalyst Control Center and the AMD Vision Engine Control Center?
- AMD Catalyst™ Omega Windows® Release Notes
- GPU-68: Unable to set GPU Scaling option in ATI Catalyst™ Control Center
- [SOLVED] catalyst control center wont start? - Rage3D Discussion Area