|Engine||Unreal Engine 3|
|First release date||Windows January 13, 2009|
- Has NVIDIA PhysX support that uses features such as detailed debris and cloth physics.
- There have been a couple of patches but the game developers have ceased support.
- DLC is only available through the Origin version of the game.
- Game performs well for machines that can handle most Unreal Engine 3 games such as Unreal Tournament 3.
- Some issues and bugs when using NVIDIA PhysX.
- Official Website
- Mirror's Edge Wikia - a mostly lore focused wiki.
- Steam Users' Forum
- Steam Community Discussions
|Steam||Steam does not have a CD key tied to the game, which means that you can not extract the CD key to activate it through Origin.|
|Origin||Can be played stand alone without Origin although you can register the game using the CD key to add it to your Origin account. DRM is in the form of a CD key found in the game's packaging if purchased via retail and is required for online activation.|
- Pure Time Trials Map Pack is available only on Origin (EA Download Manager). Installing the DLC using a Steam installation of the game will not work.
 Game data
|Save game location||%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\EA Games\Mirror's Edge\TdGame\Savefiles\|
|Config files location||%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\EA Games\Mirror's Edge\TdGame\Config\|
|Registry for 64-bit||Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\Mirror's Edge\|
|Registry for 32-bit||Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Games\Mirror's Edge\|
At the game's first release, there were various bugs and performance problems, some if not, most, of the problems have been worked out from patches that have been released. These patches can be automatically downloaded and applied via Origin or Steam; patches can also be manually downloaded and installed. The latest release is patch Version 1.01 which fixes some PhysX problems on various configurations.
 Video settings
|Widescreen resolution||Black bars for every aspect ratio but 16:9|
|Multi-monitor||See detailed analysis at Widescreen Gaming Forum|
|Field of view (FOV)||See Field of view (FOV).|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||16x filtering seems to be always enabled.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
- Flawless Widescreen utility supports this game.
Field of view (FOV) • Link
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="FOV 0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="FOV 32",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="FOV 75",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree",Command="FOV 80",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) Bindings=(Name="NumPadFour",Command="FOV 85",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) Bindings=(Name="NumPadFive",Command="FOV 90",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) Bindings=(Name="NumPadSix",Command="FOV 95",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) Bindings=(Name="NumPadSeven",Command="FOV 100",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) Bindings=(Name="NumPadEight",Command="FOV 105",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) Bindings=(Name="NumPadNine",Command="FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False))
 Input settings
|Mouse acceleration||Seems to be off by default|
 Mouse Smoothing
Mouse Smoothing • Link
 Issues fixed
 Game fails to start / Crashes without error messages
- Install the latest Nvidia PhysX System Software regardless of whether you are using an Nvidia, AMD or alternative graphics card.
- AMD Radeon and alternative GPU users who are able to start the game using this method are then advised to disable PhysX in the options menu.
- Your monitor may not be supported. Open the engine config file (
%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games\EA Games\Mirror's Edge\TdGame\Config\TdEngine.ini) and change the resolution. Look for
[SystemSettings]section) to one supported by your monitor (try 1024x768 if you don't know what your monitor supports)
 Screen tearing
Screen Tearing • Link
 Massive Framerate Drops
- AMD: Disable PhysX in the options menu.
- Nvidia: Update to the latest drivers released from nvidia.com and then delete or rename the
physxdevice.dllfrom the mirror's edge\\binaries directory. These are an older version of PhysX the game defaults to, and if it isn't there then it'll use whichever version you have installed on your system. Do not delete
physXextensions.dll. If this fails to work, disabling PhysX could solve the problem.
- Steam version: If the game ran smoothly at first and then low framerates suddenly started occurring everywhere, try verifying the game cache (right-click the game in the Steam library, go to properties, local files, and then click "Verify integrity of game cache." That will hopefully fix the issue, although Steam will download the PhysX files again so you will have to follow the previous step to delete them again.
Language change • Link
 No Sound During Cutscenes/FMVs in Windows 7
Compatibility Fix • Link
Creative ALchemy Fix • Link
 Intro Skip
Intro Skip • Link
 Crosshair Toggle
Crosshair Toggle • Link
 Adding binoculars
Binoculars tweak • Link
Bindings=(Name="ZoomIn1",Command="FOV 50 | setbind YYY ZoomIn2",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) Bindings=(Name="ZoomIn2",Command="FOV 30 | setbind YYY ZoomOut",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) Bindings=(Name="ZoomOut",Command="FOV XXX | setbind YYY ZoomIn1",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False) Bindings=(Name="YYY",Command="ZoomIn1",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)where
 Third Party Content
 Custom Maps
Shorty after the game's release, risc12, a member of the On-Mirror's-Edge Forums found a way to open up the game's unreal editor, allowing for custom maps.
Custom Maps • Link
 System requirements
|Operating system (OS)||Windows XP/Windows Vista||Windows XP/Windows Vista|
|Processor (CPU)||3.0 GHz or faster||3.0 GHz or faster|
|System memory (RAM)||1 GB||1 GB|
|Video card (GPU)||DirectX® 9.0c compatible video card, Shader Model 3.0 required. Video card must have 256 MB, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better||DirectX® 9.0c compatible video card, Shader Model 3.0 required. Video card must have 256 MB, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||8 GB||8 GB|
 "Real World" Recommended Requirements
- Mirror's Edge, although somewhat buggy, is a fairly easy game to run with a modest set-up. Listed below are "real world" recommended requirements to enjoy Mirror's Edge with fair quality and performance.
- CPU: Any quad-core with at least 2 GHz in speed would do just fine.
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT or 8800GT, AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5670 equivalent.
- RAM: At least 1 GB of RAM at the minimum, 2 GB is more than plenty.
- OS: Game runs fine under Windows XP and Windows Vista. Running in Windows 7 will have the potential for audio problems.