|First release date||June 3, 2011|
- Keys for most games developed or published by EA can be redeemed on Origin; see List of Origin-redeemable games.
- On the House and Game Time provide free access to popular EA titles.
- Refund policy: Great Game Guarantee; EA-published titles can be refunded for any reason within the time period.
- 1 Essential improvements
- 2 Issues fixed
- 2.1 Origin 22.214.171.1241 Game stutters and overlay issues
- 2.2 Origin can't connect/can't log in
- 2.3 Origin Offline/You must be online the first time you log in
- 2.4 Origin - Reset to defaults / Clear data cache
- 2.5 Enable Steam overlay in Origin games
- 2.6 DirectX Setup "An internal system error occurred" error when installing games
- 2.7 Origin stops downloading after an ungiven threshold
- 2.8 The game does not appear to be installed
- 3 References
Redeem EA games on Origin
- See List of Origin-redeemable games for details.
Origin 126.96.36.1991 Game stutters and overlay issues
We all know Origin's overlay never played that nice, well now it will continue to try and launch itself every 15-30 seconds causing a drive spike and a huge framerate dip, easiest solution is to disable the overlay, alternatively is to end all processes that are interfering with it, like FRAPS, DXTORY, RivaTuner skins like MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision. Also stealthy ones like Razer Synapse has a process called RazerIngameEngine.exe that I assume is for their stats feature which Origin now interferes with and no longer works. End that process and you can still use Synapse instead of the whole app.
Origin can't connect/can't log in
If Origin cannot connect to the internet and won't let you log in, try opening the Command Prompt and running this command:
netsh winsock reset
Origin Offline/You must be online the first time you log in
- This can happen with Windows / Origin update.
Reset / Repair Host fileReset the Hosts file back to the default: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
Origin - Reset to defaults / Clear data cache
- If you are getting issues with downloading DLC or Updating games, this will help to allow to restore origin with a full uninstall.
Clear Origin data cache folders
Enable Steam overlay in Origin games
- The Steam and Origin overlays conflict; to use the Steam overlay, disable the Origin overlay.
- This might not work for all Origin games.
Disable Origin overlay
DirectX Setup "An internal system error occurred" error when installing games
- Some Origin games may refuse to install due to bundling a corrupted
Replace corrupted DXSETUP.exe
Origin stops downloading after an ungiven threshold
Start Origin in R&D mode
[connection] EnvironmentName=production [Feature] CdnOverride=akamai
The game does not appear to be installed
This is caused by missing registry keys.
Registry editEA Forums - Origin not detecting games