|First release date||June 3, 2011|
- DRM: Digital distribution platform with accompanying client required for downloading and often playing games as well. Games can also be DRM-Free or contain third party DRM.
- Refund policy: 24 hours from first launch or 7 days from date of purchase, 72 hours or 30 days for technical issues for EA-published and other select titles; see the Great Game Guarantee page for details. Australian consumer protection laws are also adhered to.
- Keys for most games developed or published by EA can be redeemed on Origin; see List of Origin-redeemable games.
- Game Time and On the House provide temporary and permanent free access to select EA titles respectively.
- 1 Issues fixed
- 1.1 Origin can't connect/can't log in
- 1.2 Origin Offline/You must be online the first time you log in
- 1.3 Origin - Reset to defaults / Clear data cache
- 1.4 Enable Steam overlay in Origin games
- 1.5 DirectX Setup "An internal system error occurred" error when installing games
- 1.6 Origin stops downloading after an ungiven threshold
- 1.7 The game does not appear to be installed
- 1.8 Cloud save conflict
- 1.9 Repair game installation
- 2 References
Origin can't connect/can't log in
If Origin cannot connect to the internet and won't let you log in, try opening the Command Prompt and running this command:
netsh winsock reset
Origin Offline/You must be online the first time you log in
- This can happen with Windows / Origin update.
Reset / Repair Host fileReset the Hosts file back to the default: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
Origin - Reset to defaults / Clear data cache
- If you are getting issues with downloading DLC or Updating games, this will help to allow to restore origin with a full uninstall.
Clear Origin data cache folders
Enable Steam overlay in Origin games
- The Steam and Origin overlays conflict; to use the Steam overlay, disable the Origin overlay.
- This might not work for all Origin games.
Disable Origin overlay
DirectX Setup "An internal system error occurred" error when installing games
- Some Origin games may refuse to install due to bundling a corrupted
Replace corrupted DXSETUP.exe
Origin stops downloading after an ungiven threshold
Start Origin in R&D mode
[connection] EnvironmentName=production [Feature] CdnOverride=akamai
The game does not appear to be installed
- This is caused by missing registry keys.
Edit the registry
Cloud save conflict
- Loss of synchronization may cause a prompt for which set of saves to use.
- Choosing Use Cloud Data may result in a rollback of game progress (choose Use Local Data if you are uncertain since that is more likely to be the correct version). Use the steps below to revert the save if necessary.
Restore saves in Origin client
Repair game installation
- Electronic Arts undertakes to provide refunds to consumers | ACCC
- How to fix the installation problem with DXSETUP.exe for Origin Games (tested on Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3) : gaming
- EA Forums - Origin not detecting games
- Re: Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition. - Answer HQ