|First release date||June 3, 2011|
- Keys for most games developed or published by EA can be redeemed on Origin; see List of Origin-redeemable games.
- Games using Origin are not sold on Steam.
- 1 Essential improvements
- 2 Issues fixed
- 2.1 Origin can't connect/can't log in
- 2.2 Origin Offline/You must be online the first time you log in
- 2.3 Origin - Reset to defaults / Clear data cache
- 2.4 Enable Steam overlay in Origin games
- 2.5 DirectX Setup "An internal system error occurred" error when installing games
- 2.6 Origin stops downloading after an ungiven threshold
- 3 References
Redeem EA games on Origin
- See List of Origin-redeemable games for details.
Origin can't connect/can't log in
If Origin cannot connect to the internet and won't let you log in, try opening the Command Prompt and running this command:
netsh winsock reset
Origin Offline/You must be online the first time you log in
- This can happen with Windows / Origin update.
Reset / Repair Host file • LinkReset the Hosts file back to the default: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
Origin - Reset to defaults / Clear data cache
- If you are getting issues with downloading DLC or Updating games, this will help to allow to restore origin with a full uninstall.
Clear Origin data cache folders • Link
Enable Steam overlay in Origin games
- The Steam and Origin overlays conflict; to use the Steam overlay, disable the Origin overlay.
- This might not work for all Origin games.
Disable Origin overlay • Link
DirectX Setup "An internal system error occurred" error when installing games
- Some Origin games may refuse to install due to bundling a corrupted
Origin stops downloading after an ungiven threshold
Start Origin in R&D mode • Link
[connection] EnvironmentName=production [Feature] CdnOverride=akamai