| Release dates
March 23, 2004
|Far Cry 2||2008|
|Far Cry 3||2012|
|Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon||2013|
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums for game series
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 Issues fixed
- 8 System requirements
- 9 References
|GamersGate||Version 1.00. Requires patching.|
- TweakGuides has created a comprehensive guide for fixing issues in this game. It can be found here.
Skip intro videos
Instructions • Link
- The 64-bit patch will change the format from .bik to .avi to skip them simply delete or rename the files with the inclusion of AMD64.
- 32-bit Patches
- 64-bit Upgrade Patch (US / UK / German / French / Spanish / Italian) - Adds additional content, higher frame rates, enhanced textures, longer view distances, and more objects with real-time physics.
- 64-bit Exclusive Content Patch - Adds exclusive content only available in the 64-bit version of the game.
Steam Instructions • Link
By default these will not work immediately if you have a Steam installation of the game, follow the steps below to resolve this:
- Crymods - Active community website with extensive mod database.
- Far Cry Addon Mod (FCAM) - Various improvements to graphical and gameplay elements.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Far Cry v1.33 supports any widescreen resolutions natively.|
|Field of view (FOV)||See Field of view (FOV).|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|High frame rate|
For example, to change to 1440x900.
Alternative - Changing the resolution by editing system.cfg • Link
Be aware that FC servers can override the FOV setting to prevent cheating. It is possible to create a server which does not override the FOV.
To change the FOV, you must run Far Cry in Developer Mode.
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Both mouse acceleration and mouse smoothing.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|EAX support||EAX 2, EAX 3 |
Very High Lighting Game Crash
When setting the Lighting Quality option in-game to Very High you may experience a crash/freeze every time you launch the game. This is easily resolved:
Instructions • Link
- Alternatively you can just set the option to a maximum of High instead of Very High to resolve the issue.
|Operating system (OS)|| |
|Processor (CPU)||AMD Athlon 1 GHz or Pentium III 1 GHz||AMD Athlon 2-3 GHz or Pentium 4 2-3 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB||512-1024 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)||64 MB of VRAM|| GeForce 4, GeForce FX 5950; |
ATI Radeon 9500-9800 XT
128 MB of VRAM