From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to by adding an image or additional information.
| Release dates
January 29, 1999
January 29, 1999
January 24, 2013
|Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel||2001|
|Fallout: New Vegas||2010|
- The GOG.com version of Fallout runs the best on modern operating systems, but is no longer available for purchase.
- It is highly recommended to install the Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion) patch, unless you are on your first playthrough.
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums for game series
- No Mutants Allowed Forum - General Fallout Discussion
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 Issues fixed
- 8 Other information
- 9 System requirements
- 10 References
|Green Man Gaming|
|Retail||US - uncensored, EU censored.|
- This package is the recommended package as it contains all recommend patches.
- Vault-Tec Labs Wiki - additional installation information.
- Fixes over 1000 bugs with the game past the last official 1.02 patch.
- Modifies the game exe file to allow higher resolutions.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
- Save games can be transferred between Windows and Mac OS installations of the game.
|Widescreen resolution||Use the Fallout2 High Resolution Patch.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed|| In ddraw.ini in |
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|High frame rate|
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
- See Rainbow color problems in older games for other solutions.
Install the High Resolution PatchInstall the Fallout2 High Resolution Patch.
Error Initializing Video Mode 640x480
- This is major game modification (fan made), basically whole new game with new gameline and quests, about 25 hours of gameplay. Due to the author's origin it's in Czech language, but English translation is in progress (about 1/3 done by 7/2014)
- Use D3D9 for rendering for a much improved compatibility with never systems. Also allow to bind mouse wheel.
- Also known as F2se.zip.
- Compatible with mods.
- Not compatible with Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion).
|Operating system (OS)||95, 98, NT|
|Processor (CPU)||Pentium 90 MHz|
|System memory (RAM)||16 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||600 MB|
|Video card (GPU)||DirectX 3.0a compatible|