- Mods for the original Doom 3 are not compatible with the BFG Edition and vice versa.
- Steam Users' Forums for Doom series
- Steam Community Discussions
- All copies must be activated on Steam.
 Content of DOOM 3 BFG
DOOM 3 BFG includes:
- No Rest for the Living
- DOOM 3 Ressurection of Evil
- DOOM 3 The Lost Mission
BFG was designed for consoles, but it should run better on most of modern PCs, than a version released in 2004. Some of the maps and gameplay elements are modified - you can read about it here.
 Game data
|Save game location
||%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\id Software\DOOM 3 BFG\base\savegame
|Configuration files location
||%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\id Software\DOOM 3 BFG\base
 Video settings
 Input settings
 Issues and fixes
 OpenGL Startup Fix
This solution comes from Steam Discussion Forum. Original can be found here.
OpenGL Startup Fix • Link
- Go to
%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\id Software\DOOM 3 BFG\base. You will find a file called D3BFGConfig.cfg there.
- Open this file using notepad (right click and use the OPEN WITH command if you need to, and choose Notepad).
- Scroll down until you find a command line that says set r_fullscreen "1" . This is going to sound strange, but you want to change the 1 to a 3 (set r_fullscreen "3") and it should work. Save the CFG file and run the game. Within the game, be sure to make any resolution setting changes under "Monitor 3".
- Some people may not be able to do this because the .cfg file isn't made till the game is run at least once. if you can't find the .cfg file try alternative solution.
OpenGL Startup - Alternative Solution • Link
- Go to Steam Library and right click on DOOM 3 BFG and choose Properties.
- In General Tab, click "Set Launch Options".
- In a text box type in:
+set r_fullscreen 3
 System requirements
| Operating system (OS)
|| Windows Vista/ Windows 7
|| Windows Vista-64/ Windows 7-64
| Processor (CPU)
|| 2.0 GHz Dual Core
|| 2.4 GHz Dual Core
| System memory (RAM)
|| 3 GB RAM
|| 3 GB RAM
| Video card (GPU)
|| GeForce 9800 GT / Radeon HD 5750 (512 MB video RAM)
|| GeForce GTX 260 / Radeon HD 5850 (768 MB video RAM)
| Hard disk drive (HDD)
|| 11 GB