| Release dates
August 14, 2012
- Great PC port, featuring DX11 support, a high-res texture pack (see High Resolution Texture Pack), and others.
- German version is highly outdated and has no DLCs.
- Can not remap movement to arrow keys in PC port.
- Official game site
- Official Sleepings Dogs Forum - PC General Discussion - This forum is the most active for PC technical issues
- Official Sleepings Dogs Forum - PC Bugs/Glitches
- Sleeping Dogs Wiki
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums
- 1 Availability
- 2 Game data
- 3 Video settings
- 4 Input settings
- 5 Audio settings
- 6 Issues unresolved
- 7 Issues fixed
- 8 System requirements
- 9 References
- All versions require Steam, including retail; digital versions do not contain serial keys, instead registering directly onto the Steam ID.
High Resolution Texture Pack
- A PC-specific high resolution texture pack is available for free which requires an additional 4 GB space.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
Save file information:
- Main story save files:
HK Autosave Slotand
HK GameSlot #(# is 1 - 4)
- Nightmare in North Point DLC save files:
HK AutosaveG Slotand
HK GameSlotG #(# is 1 - 2)
- The Year of the Snake DLC save files:
HK AutosaveN Slotand
HK GameSlotN #(# is 1 - 2)
|Field of view (FOV)||Can be adjusted via Racer_S Camera Control|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Can be forced using Nvidia Inspector / RadeonPro|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||FXAA and SSAA|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|High frame rate||No frame rate or refresh rate cap.|
- All graphics changing requires a restart, otherwise visual elements will be missing from the game.
Nvidia Card Performance
The game is optimized for AMD cards, and thus Nvidia cards can post low FPS for the auto detected settings. Setting "Enable Quality Anti-Aliasing" and "Screen Space Ambient Occlusion" to Normal should noticeably improve FPS.
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Remapping||Under Controller Layout.|
|Mouse acceleration||No option. Mouse acceleration not present. Some mouse smoothing - turning on Raw Input should reduce it.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||XInput only.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
Can't Remap To Arrow Keys
- Can be remapped to number pad arrow keys, but not standard arrow keys.
But you can remap your Up, Down, Left and Right arrow keys to work like W,S,A,D and vice versa using the application Autohotkey at http://www.autohotkey.com. After installation, when prompted to create the first script, choose Yes in the dialog box. Then, delete everything from the Notepad file which opens and paste the following: http://pastebin.com/8d5dKTRV. After that, right click on the Autohotkey icon in the notification tray and choose Reload script and you will be able to use the arrow keys to move the player and cars. As a last step, add the Autohotkey application to startup and you are done.
|Separate volume controls|
|Subtitles||Can also be turned on only for when Cantonese is spoken.|
|Mute on focus lost|
'HkShip.exe has stopped working'
To be resolved issue.
'Can't choose custom refresh rate'
When selecting resolution in video options, only pre-made presets are available, user can't choose to change refresh rate, which often force players to play in windowed mode.
'Can't force game into fullscreen'
The game starts in windowed mode and no matter what you do it just stays in windowed mode. Alt+↵ Enter doesn't work and neither does setting the video option to fullscreen.
POTENTIAL FIX: Close TeamViewer if installed. (Note: The issue with TeamViewer is the "QuickConnect" feature, which puts a little arrow next to the close, minimize, etc. buttons. Go into TeamViewer's advanced settings to disable this, and you can run TeamViewer with Sleeping Dogs in full screen at the same time.
POTENTIAL FIX: Close (or stop) Actual Multiple Monitors if installed.
Constantly Scrolling Up
- Caused by controller drivers.
Disable Human Interface Devices • Link
FPS issues and/or stuttering
- The game may lag or stutter on high-end systems, particularly during day time.
Run the Game in Borderless Windowed Mode • Link
Black Screen During Cutscene
Reinstall Game • LinkA potential fix is to reinstall the game.
Disable 'Cheat' DLC
- For those who bought all the DLC but didn't realize that some of it gave unbalanced bonuses to the player.
|Operating system (OS)||Vista SP2||7|
|Processor (CPU)||Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz||Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| ATI Radeon 3870
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
| ATI Radeon 6950 |
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
DirectX 11 compatible
- Windows XP cannot run this game.
- New 120Hz Games Report