| Release dates
August 14, 2012
|Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition||2014|
|Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars||TBA|
For the enhanced version, containing all DLC rebalanced and properly integrated into the game's story, updated graphics and various additional enhancements, see Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition.
- Great PC port, featuring DX11 support, a high-res texture pack, and others.
- German version is highly outdated and has no DLCs.
- Can not remap movement to arrow keys in PC port.
- Official game site
- Official Sleepings Dogs Forum - PC General Discussion - This forum is the most active for PC technical issues
- Official Sleepings Dogs Forum - PC Bugs/Glitches
- Sleeping Dogs Wiki
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums
- 1 Availability
- 2 Game data
- 3 Video settings
- 4 Input settings
- 5 Audio settings
- 6 Issues unresolved
- 7 Issues fixed
- 8 System requirements
- 9 References
|Steam||Only DLC is available.|
- All versions require Steam; digital versions do not contain serial keys, instead registering directly onto the Steam ID.
Downloadable content (DLC) and expansions
|Deep Undercover Pack|
|Drunken Fist Pack|
|Gangland Style Pack|
|The High Roller Pack|
|High Resolution Texture Pack||Available for free. Requires 4 GB of HD space. See the DLC Steam page for a download link.|
|Law Enforcer Pack|
|Martial Arts Pack|
|Monkey King Pack|
|Movie Masters Pack|
|Nightmare in North Point|
|Police Protection Pack|
|The Red Envelope Pack|
|Retro Triad Pack|
|Screen Legends Pack|
|Square Enix Character Pack|
|Street Racer Pack|
|The SWAT Pack|
|Tactical Soldier Pack|
|Top Dog Gold Pack|
|Top Dog Silver Pack|
|Triad Enforcer Pack|
|Wheels of Fury|
|Year of the Snake|
- The Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition contains all DLC rebalanced and properly integrated into the game's story, updated graphics and various additional enhancements.
- Sleeping Dogs Collection is a complete edition with all DLC. The free High Resolution Texture Pack is a separate download.
- The Japanese version is a Low Violence Version and only includes Japanese and English languages. Japanese is not available for purchases in other countries.
- The German version is a Low Violence Version and only includes the German language.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
Save file information:
- Main story save files:
HK Autosave Slotand
HK GameSlot #(# is 1 - 4)
- Nightmare in North Point DLC save files:
HK AutosaveG Slotand
HK GameSlotG #(# is 1 - 2)
- The Year of the Snake DLC save files:
HK AutosaveN Slotand
HK GameSlotN #(# is 1 - 2)
|Ultra-widescreen||HUD is positioned for 16:9.|
|Field of view (FOV)||Can be adjusted via Racer_S Camera Control|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Force in the graphics card control panel.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Locked on FXAA and optional SSAA.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|High frame rate||No frame rate or refresh rate cap.|
- All graphics changing requires a restart, otherwise visual elements will be missing from the game.
Nvidia Card Performance
The game is optimized for AMD cards, and thus Nvidia cards can post low FPS for the auto detected settings. Setting "Enable Quality Anti-Aliasing" and "Screen Space Ambient Occlusion" to Normal should noticeably improve FPS.
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Remapping||Under Controller Layout. Not all keys can be rebound.|
|Mouse acceleration||No option. Mouse acceleration not present. Some mouse smoothing - turning on Raw Input should reduce it.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||XInput only.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
Can't Remap To Arrow Keys
- Can be remapped to number pad arrow keys, but not standard arrow keys.
But you can remap ↑+↓+←+→ to work like W+A+S+D and vice versa using AutoHotkey. After installation, when prompted to create the first script, choose Yes in the dialog box. Then, delete everything from the Notepad file which opens and paste the following: http://pastebin.com/9FvTujrT. After that, right click on the AutoHotkey icon in the notification tray and choose Reload script and you will be able to use the arrow keys to move the player and cars. In the future if you want to use the arrow keys in the game just start the AutoHotkey application you are done.
|Separate volume controls|
|Surround sound||Up to 5.1 output|
|Subtitles||Can also be turned on only for when Cantonese is spoken.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Japanese||Japan region purchases only.|
'HkShip.exe has stopped working'
To be resolved issue.
Running the game in compatibility mode seems to resolve the issue.
'Can't choose custom refresh rate'
When selecting resolution in video options, only pre-made presets are available, user can't choose to change refresh rate, which often force players to play in windowed mode.
'Can't force game into fullscreen'
The game starts in windowed mode and no matter what you do it just stays in windowed mode. Alt+↵ Enter doesn't work and neither does setting the video option to fullscreen.
POTENTIAL FIX: Close TeamViewer if installed. (Note: The issue with TeamViewer is the "QuickConnect" feature, which puts a little arrow next to the close, minimize, etc. buttons. Go into TeamViewer's advanced settings to disable this, and you can run TeamViewer with Sleeping Dogs in full screen at the same time.
POTENTIAL FIX: Close (or stop) Actual Multiple Monitors, or other multi-monitor software if installed.
POTENTIAL FIX: Would not go full screen at non-native refresh rate, changing refresh rate to 60 Hz fixed the issue.
Constantly Scrolling Up
- Caused by controller drivers.
Disable Human Interface Devices
FPS issues and/or stuttering
- The game may lag or stutter on high-end systems, particularly during day time.
Run the Game in Borderless Windowed Mode
Black Screen During Cutscene
Reinstall GameA potential fix is to reinstall the game.
Disable 'Cheat' DLC
- DLC can be selectively disabled from the game's properties in the Steam client.
- Game features DLC that give unbalanced bonuses for player. Some people may not realize this when buying DLC packs.
|Operating system (OS)||Vista SP2||7|
|Processor (CPU)|| Althon X2 2.7 GHz
Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| ATI Radeon 3870
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
DirectX 10 compatible
| ATI Radeon 6950 |
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
DirectX 11 compatible
- The PA Report - Sleeping Dogs proves that an unlikely champion of modern PC games is… Square Enix? | The Penny Arcade Report
- Sleeping Dogs forums • German Customers! Only Patch 1.1 and no DLC´s!
- Sleeping Dogs forums• Can't map movement to arrow keys
- Sleeping Dogs forums • Where is the serial key when purchased through Steam.
- Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition confirmed! | SQUARE ENIX
- Sleeping Dogs Collection :: Sleeping Dogs™ General Discussions
- Sleeping Dogs | WSGF
- New 120Hz Games Report
- World disappearing on gfx change - Steam Users' Forums
- PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up
- Game receiving phantom "up" input, unplayable. - Steam Users' Forums