| Release dates
May 15, 2012
May 15, 2012
|Diablo II: Lord of Destruction|
|Diablo III: Reaper of Souls|
- The Auction House was closed on March 18, 2014.
- General known issues list
- Official Forum
- /r/diablo Subreddit.
- /r/diablo3 Subreddit.
- diablo + diablo3 Subreddit - browse both subreddit without custom CSS.
- The Diablo 3 Database (D3DB) - a comprehensive item, skill and quest database from the makers of Wowhead for World of Warcraft.
- Diablo Gem Calculator - tracks and calculates gem prices in both real money and gold.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Game data
- 3 Video settings
- 4 Input settings
- 5 Audio settings
- 6 Issues unresolved
- 7 Issues fixed
- 7.1 Video Card Not Supported
- 7.2 High DPI Setting
- 7.3 Login Errors
- 7.4 Can't Move Mouse In Fullscreen
- 7.5 No Diablo III License Attached
- 7.6 Overlays
- 7.7 Problems with Steam overlay
- 7.8 Cinematics not playing or are missing from cinematics menu
- 7.9 Installation Issues
- 7.10 Low frame rate (OS X)
- 7.11 Can't ⌘ + Tab (OS X)
- 8 System requirements
- 9 References
|Retail||Activates on Battle.net via serial key.|
|Battle.net||Activates on Battle.net through digital purchase.|
- All versions unlock a digital download on Battle.net, which does not require an external downloader or client.
The game is fairly restrictive in requiring constant online access in order to play both single and multiplayer portions of the game, which is a departure from how Diablo II and StarCraft II handled their singleplayer campaigns. An 'always-on' connection requirement for singleplayer can be considered a form of Digital Rights Management (DRM).
The Diablo III Starter Edition provides players the ability to try out a limited demo version of Diablo III.
The Starter Edition has a number of restrictions:
- Act I up to the Skeleton King is available
- Level 13 cap
- Matchmaking available only with other Starter Edition players
- Global Play is not available. Players attempting to connect to Diablo III Starter Edition in a region other than their Battle.net Account's home region will receive Error 12.
Matchmaking of Starter Edition is only possible with other players of the Starter Edition, and not the full accounts. This includes public matching and private invitations. Counterintuively, this means that Starter Edition players will not be able to play with players with full Diablo III accounts.
Configuration file(s) location
|OS X||~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III/D3Prefs.txt|
- Save games are stored on the Battle.net servers.
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Change display mode to "Fullscreen Windowed" in-game.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Vsync caps frame rate at 60 FPS.|
|High frame rate||Disable in-game Vsync to remove 60 FPS cap.|
Reportedly working by changing display mode to "Fullscreen Windowed" and setting a multi-monitor resolution.
Improve Graphical Sharpness Filtering
Using the Darker D3 Pixel Shader by Pyloneer, it is possible to make a change to the brightness and sharpness of the shaders.
- Run Diablo III at least once.
- Select a setting from the website.
- Extract the .zip into the Diablo III folder.
- Use the 'Pause' key to toggle the effect.
Breach Of Terms Of Service
Jay Wilson, Game Director of Diablo III, stated the following on 13 May 2012:
- "TOS against mods is so we can ban cheaters. I agree DarkD3 is not a cheat...yet. As long as it is not a cheat, no ban is likely."
Jay Wilson previously stated that altering graphics is against Terms Of Service, and can result in a ban. Following this guide using Darker D3 is at one's own risk.
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Master, SFX, voice, ambience, music|
|Surround sound||4.0-7.1, ProLogic|
|Subtitles||Available for cinematic and quest dialogues|
|Mute on focus lost||Can be toggled in options menu|
Game client window becomes unresponsive when a dialog box is opened in the background.
Video Card Not Supported
You may receive the error message:
- We have detected that your video card is not supported by Diablo III.
Diablo III will block certain systems running the game if it does not detect a certain spec of video card. However, it is possible to force the game to run on any video card (even if it does not meet the minimum specification of the game).
This fix has been acknowledged by Blizzard, but comes with its own warning from Omrakos:
- ...if you decide to do this and have terrible performance as expected, please do not contact us reporting it. We know the unsupported cards aren't going to perform well and there's nothing we'll be able to do to remedy it.
Method 1 - Press Escape
Method 1 - Press Escape • Link
Method 2 - Edit D3Prefs.txt
Method 2 - Edit D3Prefs.txt • Link
Method 3 - Swiftshader
Method - Swiftshader • LinkUsing the program Swiftshader can successfully load the game even on extremely low powered machines. For example, the game can be run on integrated graphics as low powered as the Intel G41, albeit at extremely low frame rate.
High DPI Setting
By default, it appears as if Diablo III has a number of issues with high or custom DPI settings in Windows.
This can result in:
- Mouse cursor not being moveable whilst in fullscreen mode.
- Mouse being imprecise on the screen.
- Taskbar showing over the game window.
High DPI Setting fix • Link
These messages may appear when trying to log in.
This means that no license is attached to the Battle.net account, a problem with many users in Asia. Check this thread for more information.
This message means that the login servers are at full capacity. Official advice is to try logging in later when the servers are less busy.
Error 37 • Link
Error 75 means that Blizzard servers are down. Check Diablo III Server Status page for updates.
Can't Move Mouse In Fullscreen
This is most likely caused by high or custom DPI settings in Windows.
Method 1 - Compatibility
Method 1 - Compatibility • Link
This can be fixed by following these steps:
Method 2 - Edit D3Prefs.txt To Windowed
Method - Edit D3Prefs.txt To Windowed • Link
No Diablo III License Attached
Method - No Diablo III License Attached • Link
This error message may appear:
|This Battle.net account does not have a Diablo III License attached to it.
Running programs that put an overlay over Diablo III (such as Mumble, Xfire, and MSI Afterburner) can cause Diablo III to crash. Use these overlays at your own risk.
Problems with Steam overlay
Problems with Steam overlay • Link
2. find the
3. Save and exit the file, and try again.
Change Client Language
Update 8 June 2012: Blizzard appear to have restricted client language switching. Errors 81, 82 or 84 displays: "The client does not match the accounts native language. Please, use the game native client." There is no known fix as of yet, as Blizzard controls the language restrictions from their servers.
Available languages are:
- English (United States)
- Spanish (Latin American)
- Chinese (Traditional)
"Updating game files" Issue
Some players are reporting the game getting stuck at installation in the "Updating game files" part.
Method 1 - Disable Anti-Virus Software
Method - Disable Anti-Virus Software • Link
Method 2 - Connect Using Different Network Adapter
Method - Connect Using Different Network Adapter • Link
The Blizzard Agent may be attempting to connect over the wrong network adaptor. The following steps may resolve your issue:
Method 3 - Delete/Modify Agent Files
Method - Delete/Modify Agent Files • Link
Installation Stuck At 10%
If the user has any connections configured in "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings" and they're set to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present," the install won't proceed past 10%.
Installation Not Doing Anything
If the installation has yet to do anything you might need to make sure your secondary logon has been enabled. Do so by going through - Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services, right click Secondary Logon and proceed to enable it by setting the start up type to automatic.
Low frame rate (OS X)
Low Frame Rate • Link
Can't ⌘ + Tab (OS X)
Check that you haven't enabled Caps Lock as that disables ⌘+Tab ↹, although ⌘+M still functions correctly.
|Operating system (OS)||XP, Vista, 7||Vista, 7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||1 GB (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista, 7)||2 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||12 GB||12 GB|
|Video card (GPU)||NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro||NVIDIA GeForce 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870|
|Operating system (OS)||10.6.8, 10.7.x||10.7.x or newer|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core 2 Duo||Intel Core 2 Duo|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||2 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)||NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 2600||NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M or ATI Radeon HD 4670|
- Auction House FAQ Updated - Diablo III
- New 120Hz Games Report
- Tested by Andytizer.
- Fix by Andytizer.
- Fix by Andytizer.