|First release date||14 August 2012|
- THQ promised to implement a configuration file to customise the experience, but this has not yet been implemented.
- The game has been ported poorly with numerous configuration and launching issues.
- THQ Darksider II Forum - General Discussion - not PC-specific.
- THQ Darksider II Forum - Technical Help & Bug Reporting - not PC-specific.
- Steam Forum - Darksiders - general forum for Darksiders series.
- Steam Community Discussion
|Digital Distribution||All versions unlock on Steam.|
- All versions require Steam.
- A THQ account is not required for this game.
 Video settings
|Field of view (FOV)||No FOV option. Can use Widescreen Fixer for a mild increase.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See Borderless fullscreen windowed.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||See Anisotropic filtering (AF).|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Added in Update 3.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See Vertical sync (Vsync).|
- The settings are only available after the cinematic introduction displayed when starting a new game. No real "Main menu" before starting/loading a game.
- Vsync setting did nothing at launch, but was fixed with the first patch.
- Fixes screen tearing and caps framerate to the monitor's refresh rate. Can help with stuttering.
- On some systems (tested on a Windows 7 PC with a GeForce GTX 560 Ti), forcing Vsync causes additional stuttering as the framerate randomly changes back and forth between 30 and 60 fps. Forcing Triple Buffering with D3DOverrider should fix this but it doesn't.
Borderless fullscreen windowed • Link
- No in-game setting for Anisotropic Filtering. The type and amount of filtering used when not forced is unknown.
Graphics Adaptor • LinkAnistropic Filtering (preferably 16x) can be forced for this game in the graphics adapter settings (NVIDIA or AMD Catalyst Control Panel).
- Natively available.
Graphics Adaptor • Link
Anti-aliasing can be enabled in-game thanks to the current update which was released on Steam September 7th, 2012.
Nvidia, has no profile for Darksiders 2, and the Darksiders 1 profile causes severe graphics glitches if you attempt to use it.
Until a new driver is released with an updated profile, expect issues when attempting to force anti-aliasing apart from FXAA (which is fast and works fine for this game, but is arguably inferior to MSAA, CSAA...) and SSAA. Remember that the performance costs of SSAA are very high.For the time being it might be a good idea to only use FXAA or look toward using a higher quality injector that bypasses the driver "hacks" that allow AA to function via the control panel, e.g. SMAA Injector, if you are an nVidia user.
 Camera Turns While Strafing
- Camera appears to turn towards target while strafing. No fix is available yet.
 Input settings
|Remapping||See Key Remapping.|
|Mouse acceleration||No option to disable mouse acceleration.|
|Controller support||For people using a 360 controller, Toggle Overworld Map is incorrectly labeled as "A". The correct key is Left Thumbstick Click|
- Remappable keys.
- Key remapping menu is now added the options menu, as well as the previous location in the inventory menu, accessible with the 'O' key.
- Some keyboard keys cannot be mapped to game commands, like Delete, or num_del, Insert keys. Also, Arrow keys, END, HOME, PGUP, PGDN, etc. are displayed as "UNKNOWN KEY" then setting it again displays as NUMPAD keys. Does not seem too bad, but UNKNOWN KEY can only be bound once. Arrows are functional still after this binding as NUM keys, but you cannot bind any NUMPAD keys as it is seen as already bound. "I" is hardbound to PAUSE, so that is also not "remappable".
- If a key is already bound, you have to remap the action using that key before you can use it. This sends you on a goose chase if you need to remap the majority of the keys.
- Each time you set a key your entire page scrolls back to the very top so you need to scroll all the way back down again (using your w,s,UP,DWN keys that require constant pressing as holding does not scroll, and cannot use the mouse scrollwheel) to get back to the section you were configuring.
- The E key is hardcoded into the game and cannot be bound to certain actions (e.g. Move Horse Forward)
 Disabling intro logos
To make the game reach the menu faster rename the following files to something else. All of them can be found under
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darksiders 2\media\videos\
 System requirements
|Operating system (OS)||Windows XP, Vista SP1, 7||Windows 7|
|Processor (CPU)||2.0Ghz Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor or AMD equivalent||Any Quad-core AMD or Intel Processor|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||2 GB|
|Video card (GPU)||NVIDIA 9800 GT 512 MB Video Card or AMD equivalent||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 512MB Video Card or AMD equivalent|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||20 GB free (10GB free after install)||20 GB free (10GB free after install)|
 Issues fixed
- Caused by uncapped framerate.
Enable vsync • LinkEnable vsync in the video options.
Enable vsync and borderless windowed fullscreen mode • Link
 High System Temperatures
- Caused by uncapped framerate.
Use D3DOverrider • LinkRefer to D3DOverrider to force vsync to limit framerate and temperatures.
 Stuck After Start Game
- Caused by slowdown in internet connection as game checks for THQ account.
 3D Vision effects not rendering correctly
- Using 3D Vision in the game is subpar to what it could be, with effects and shadows not rendering at the correct depth.
Use Helix Mod • LinkUse the Helix mod to improve the 3D effects in the game. Helix Mod WebPage
 Using a 360 controller, only items from the first 3 rows can be sacrificed to upgrade a possessed weapon
This was initially a problem at launch, but was fixed in the second patch. Now items beyond the third row can be easily selected for sacrificing.
 Low field of view
Use Widescreen Fixer for an increased FOV.
 Issues unresolved
 Freezing While Exiting Pause Or Inventory Screens
 Using the phasewalker at the first portal after Lilith gives it to you to reach Samael
 Karkinos Does Not React To Eggs Thrown (Thus UNBEATABLE)
The only known "solution" is to get closer before you throw the egg at the soft part. It may be difficult but seems to be the only way to circumvent the problem. die twice is another way ,
 When i get the Redemption, i can't use it, cause it didn't load itself. ( You can hear the 'klak' voice but nothing happened!)
- A common, unresolved issue.
- ↑ http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29249339/Settings&post_num=4#522535995
- ↑ http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29314059/NO_graphics_options,_cant_change_keybindings
- ↑ http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29313981/DS2_on_steam_not_launching
- ↑ http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29314097/Unable_to_launch_Darksiders_II_for_PC_Read_Here!
- ↑ http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2873844
- ↑ http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32269285&postcount=9
- ↑ http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29314191/Really_Vigil__No_anti_aliasing_on_PC_version
- ↑ http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2873705
- ↑ http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2873652
- ↑ http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29314129/Controller_Options__Remapping_Controls_PC
- ↑ http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2581
- ↑ http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2873733
- ↑ http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2873854
- ↑ http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29314177/Freezing_while_exiting_pause_or_inventory_screens.