From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
| Release dates
October 16, 2012
- A Rocksmith Real Tone cable and a guitar are necessary to play this game.
- Rocksmith Real Tone cable must be purchased separately if game is purchased via digital distribution.
- Guitar requires standard 1/4" output jack to be compatible.
- The PC version includes the bass guitar expansion pack.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Game data
- 3 Video settings
- 4 Input settings
- 5 Audio settings
- 6 Network
- 7 Issues unresolved
- 8 Issues fixed
- 9 System requirements
|Retail||Includes the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable.|
|Amazon.com||Includes the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable.|
|Steam||Does not include the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable.|
- All versions require Steam.
- The Rocksmith Real Tone Cable is available on Amazon.com and at various other retailers.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Steam Cloud||Syncs profiles and associated progress, even for songs absent from library.|
|Widescreen resolution||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Direct fullscreen only.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Part of the Visual Quality option|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Turns on with Medium or higher Visual Quality|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Always stays on|
|High frame rate|
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Mouse uses whatever is set by Windows.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||Does not change in-game icons to controller buttons, uses the same layout as the Xbox 360 version.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
Shiftwindow doesn't work
- Shiftwindow does not work correctly, it will not move a Rocksmith window for windowed-fullscreen
- Using your motherboard's onboard sound rather than an internal sound card is recommended for reduced latency
- Rocksmith's audio latency is highly dependent on values set within the Rocksmith.ini. Modifying this file is almost always necessary for an optimal experience.
To adjust audio latency
- There are also a few settings outside of Rocksmith that need to be adjusted to allow Audio Exclusivity and other settings to work properly.
To set optimal audio settings in Windows
Program Fails to Launch (Crash to Desktop)
- If you experience Rocksmith crashing while launching, try the following:
To Fix CTD
|Operating system (OS)|| |
|Processor (CPU)||2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 or 2 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+||Intel Core2Duo E6750 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
256 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9 compatible
| NVIDIA GeForce 200-series |
AMD Radeon HD 3000-series
512 MB of VRAM