From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
| Release dates
October 16, 2012
- A Rocksmith Real Tone cable and a guitar are necessary to play this game.
- Rocksmith Real Tone cable must be purchased separately if game is purchased via digital distribution.
- Guitar requires standard 1/4" output jack to be compatible.
- The PC version includes the bass guitar expansion pack.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Game data
- 3 Video settings
- 4 Input settings
- 5 Audio settings
- 6 Network
- 7 Issues unresolved
- 8 Issues fixed
- 9 System requirements
|Retail||Includes the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable.|
|Amazon.com||Includes the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable.|
|Steam||Does not include the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable.|
- All versions require Steam.
- The Rocksmith Real Tone Cable is available on Amazon.com and at various other retailers.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Steam Cloud||Syncs profiles and associated progress, even for songs absent from library.|
|Widescreen resolution||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Direct fullscreen only.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Part of the Visual Quality option|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Turns on with Medium or higher Visual Quality|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Always stays on|
|High frame rate|
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Mouse uses whatever is set by Windows.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||Does not change in-game icons to controller buttons, uses the same layout as the Xbox 360 version.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
Shiftwindow doesn't work
- Shiftwindow does not work correctly, it will not move a Rocksmith window for windowed-fullscreen
- Using your motherboard's onboard sound rather than an internal sound card is recommended for reduced latency
- Rocksmith's audio latency is highly dependent on values set within the Rocksmith.ini. Modifying this file is almost always necessary for an optimal experience.
To adjust audio latency • Link
- There are also a few settings outside of Rocksmith that need to be adjusted to allow Audio Exclusivity and other settings to work properly.
To set optimal audio settings in Windows • Link
Program Fails to Launch (Crash to Desktop)
- If you experience Rocksmith crashing while launching, try the following:
To Fix CTD • Link
|Operating system (OS)|| |
|Processor (CPU)||2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 or 2 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+||Intel Core2Duo E6750 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
256 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9 compatible
| NVIDIA GeForce 200-series |
AMD Radeon HD 3000-series
512 MB of VRAM