| Release dates
October 9, 2012
- DLC is not directly accessible from the main menu.
- Generally regarded as a high-quality PC port.
- Editing .ini files prevents Dunwall City Trials scores to be posted to the leaderboards
- Official site
- Official forums
- Official Hardware and Software Issues Subforums (PC)
- Dishonored Wiki
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 VR support
- 8 Issues unresolved
- 9 Issues fixed
- 10 Other information
- 11 System requirements
- 12 References
|Green Man Gaming||GOTY Edition|
|Humble Store||GOTY Edition|
- All versions require Steam.
- The Game of the Year Edition (GOTY Edition) include the base game and all DLC.
Downloadable content (DLC) and expansions
|Dunwall City Trials|
|The Brigmore Witches|
|The Knife of Dunwall|
|Void Walker Arsenal|
Skip intro videos
Launch the game with
- Removing the HUD also eliminates the letterbox in cutscenes.
Increase texture detail at larger distances (disable mipmapping)
Stop bodies from disappearing
Increase Default Number of Bodies In Areas
Mute Note/Book Reading Ambient Sound Effect
Mute Note/Book Reading SE
Mute all Powers Sound Effects
Mute Powers SE
Change sprint/run from hold to toggle
Change default sprint/run behavior from a hold to a toggle, activated while moving, no need to hold down button
Configuration file(s) location
- Editing any of the .ini files prevents Dunwall City Trials scores to be posted to the leaderboards.
Save game data location
|Steam Cloud||Syncs save games and settings.|
|Multi-monitor||Use Flawless Widescreen for the best experience.|
|Field of view (FOV)||Slider maximum is 110°; for higher settings see Field of view (FOV).|
|Windowed|| Toggled with F11, menu option, or the |
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Tested using Borderless Windowed and AutoHotkey.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Default is 4x. See Anisotropic filtering (AF).|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||FXAA or MLAA.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|120+ FPS||Uses frame rate smoothing with maximum value of 130. For higher frame rates see High frame rate.|
Add FOV hotkey
Changing Anisotropic Filtering level
Change frame rate smoothing
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Mouse smoothing option is on by default. Slider in menu for smoothing/acceleration.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Supports both auto-aim and aim assist.|
|Controller remapping||Only pre-set layouts are available.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Surround sound||5.1 but center channel is flaky|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Nvidia 3D Vision|
|3RD Space Gaming Vest|
Knife of Dunwall: Crashing during the third act
The DLC appears to crash a lot for people in the third act, no solution.
Crash during third act
Knife of Dunwall: Low resolution textures on butchers
The game is using the low detail textures on butchers instead of the high detail textures.
Knife of Dunwall: Missing 2D image files
Generic placeholder images are replacing some 2D icons and images in-game.
Game crash at startup
- Some users report that turning Steam Cloud off and on again solves the problem.
Game crash at startup
Screen turns white or very bright randomly during gameplay
Fix white/bright screen
"First time setup" runs every time game is started
Run the following from the command line:
Or simply run Steam as administrator and start the game. Accept all installation requests. After closing and restarting the game without running as an administrator, the dialogs will be gone.
Texture Pop-in When Switching Weapons
- Please note that unless the high quality texture can be loaded right away by your computer, this can make the texture pop-in even more noticeable, since it only disable the fade that is meant to hide the transition from low to high quality texture.
|Shader Model support||3|
|Operating system (OS)||Vista/7 32-bit||Vista/7 64-bit|
|Processor (CPU)||3.0 GHz Dual Core||2.4 GHz Quad Core|
|System memory (RAM)||3 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| AMD Radeon HD 5850
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
512 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
| AMD Radeon HD 5850 |
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
768 MB of VRAM
- Although official system requirements show Windows Vista as a minimum, the game does run on Windows XP.
- ► WTF Is... - Dishonored ? - YouTube
- A look at Dishonored’s many UI options | Bethesda Blog
- Dishonored Graphics (TWEAKS) - Steam Users' Forums
- How to change FOV in Dishonored - Reddit
- Dishonored stops responding and shows a very long error, and crashes to desktop. - PC - Bethesda Softworks Forums
- Tested by Andytizer.
- PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up
- HowTo: Play Dishonored with seperate Voice/Text language :: Steam community discussions and extended by Mirh
- Missing image files in new DLC - Steam community discussions
- Dishonored on XP & XP x64 - Steam Users' Forums