| Release dates
October 9, 2012
- DLC is not directly accessible from the main menu.
- Generally regarded as a high-quality PC port.
- Includes FOV slider, to go above 110° see Field of view (FOV).
- No frame rate or refresh rate cap.
- Bethesda Softworks Forums - PC hardware and software forum
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 Issues unresolved
- 8 Issues fixed
- 9 System requirements
- 10 References
|Green Man Gaming|
- All versions require Steam.
Skip intro videos
Movie configuration • Link
- Removing the HUD also eliminates the letterbox in cutscenes.
Increase texture detail at larger distances (disable mipmapping)
Stop bodies from disappearing
Increase Default Number of Bodies In Areas • Link
Mute Note/Book Reading Ambient Sound Effect
Mute Note/Book Reading SE • Link
Mute all Powers Sound Effects
Mute Powers SE • Link
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Steam Cloud||Syncs save games and settings.|
|Multi-monitor||Use Flawless Widescreen for the best experience.|
|Field of view (FOV)||Slider maximum is 110°; for higher settings see Field of view (FOV).|
|Windowed|| Menu option, and can also be set using |
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Tested using Borderless Windowed and AutoHotKey.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||4x by default; for higher values see Anisotropic filtering (AF).|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||FXAA and MLAA.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|High frame rate||No frame rate or refresh rate cap.|
- FOV slider maximum is 110°; this change allows much higher settings.
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Mouse smoothing option is on by default. Slider in menu for smoothing/acceleration.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Supports both auto-aim and aim assist|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Surround sound||5.1 but center channel is flaky|
|Mute on focus lost||No option to turn it off.|
Knife of Dunwall: Crashing during the third act
The DLC appears to crash a lot for people in the third act, no solution.
Crash during third act • Link
Knife of Dunwall: Low resolution textures on butchers
The game is using the low detail textures on butchers instead of the high detail textures.
Knife of Dunwall: Missing 2D image files
Generic placeholder images are replacing some 2D icons and images in-game.
Game crash at startup
- Some users report that turning Steam Cloud off and on again solves the problem.
Game crash at startup • Link
Screen turns white or very bright randomly during gameplay
Fix white/bright screen
"First time setup" runs every time game is started
Run the following from the command line:
Or simply run Steam as administrator and start the game. Accept all installation requests. After closing and restarting the game without running as an administrator, the dialogs will be gone.
Texture Pop-in When Switching Weapons
- Please note that unless the high quality texture can be loaded right away by your computer, this can make the texture pop-in even more noticeable, since it only disable the fade that is meant to hide the transition from low to high quality texture.
|Operating system (OS)|| |
|Processor (CPU)||3.0 GHz Dual Core||2.4 GHz Quad Core|
|System memory (RAM)||3 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| GeForce GTX 460
Radeon HD 5850
512 MB of VRAM
| GeForce GTX 460 |
Radeon HD 5850
768 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9 compatible
- Although official system requirements show Windows Vista as a minimum, the game does run on Windows XP.
- ▶ ► WTF Is... - Dishonored ? - YouTube
- A look at Dishonored’s many UI options | Bethesda Blog
- How to change FOV in Dishonored - Reddit
- Dishonored Graphics (TWEAKS) - Steam Users' Forums
- Dishonored crash issues affect PC version, Bethesda advise workaround | PCGamesN
- Tested by Andytizer.
- New 120Hz Games Report
- PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up
- Missing image files in new DLC - Steam community discussions
- Dishonored on XP & XP x64 - Steam Users' Forums