| Release dates
October 9, 2012
- DLC is not directly accessible from the main menu.
- Generally regarded as a high-quality PC port.
- Includes FOV slider, to go above 110° see Field of view (FOV).
- No frame rate or refresh rate cap.
- Bethesda Softworks Forums - PC hardware and software forum
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 Issues unresolved
- 8 Issues fixed
- 9 System requirements
- 10 References
|Green Man Gaming|
- All versions require Steam.
Skip intro videos
Movie configuration • Link
- Removing the HUD also eliminates the letterbox in cutscenes.
Increase texture detail at larger distances (disable mipmapping)
Stop bodies from disappearing
Increase Default Number of Bodies In Areas • Link
Mute Note/Book Reading Ambient Sound Effect
Mute Note/Book Reading SE • Link
Mute all Powers Sound Effects
Mute Powers SE • Link
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Steam Cloud||Syncs save games and settings.|
|Multi-monitor||For the best experience use Flawless Widescreen.|
|Field of view (FOV)||Slider maximum is 110°; for higher settings see Field of view (FOV).|
|Windowed|| Menu option, and can also be set using |
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Tested using Borderless Windowed and AutoHotKey.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||4x by default; for higher values see Anisotropic filtering (AF).|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||FXAA and MLAA.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|High frame rate||No frame rate or refresh rate cap.|
- FOV slider maximum is 110°; this change allows much higher settings.
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Mouse smoothing option is on by default. Slider in menu for smoothing/acceleration.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Supports both auto-aim and aim assist|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Surround sound||5.1 but center channel is flaky|
|Mute on focus lost||No option to turn it off.|
Knife of Dunwall: Crashing during the third act
The DLC appears to crash a lot for people in the third act, no solution.
Crash during third act • Link
Knife of Dunwall: Low resolution textures on butchers
The game is using the low detail textures on butchers instead of the high detail textures.
Knife of Dunwall: Missing 2D image files
Generic placeholder images are replacing some 2D icons and images in-game.
Game crash at startup
- Some users report that turning Steam Cloud off and on again solves the problem.
Game crash at startup • Link
Screen turns white or very bright randomly during gameplay
Fix white/bright screen
"First time setup" runs every time game is started
Run the following from the command line:
Not remembering settings in offline mode
Fixed in patch 1.2.
Texture Pop-in When Switching Weapons
- Please note that unless the high quality texture can be loaded right away by your computer, this can make the texture pop-in even more noticeable, since it only disable the fade that is meant to hide the transition from low to high quality texture.
|Operating system (OS)|| |
|Processor (CPU)||3.0 GHz Dual Core||2.4 GHz Quad Core|
|System memory (RAM)||3 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| GeForce GTX 460
Radeon HD 5850
512 MB of VRAM
| GeForce GTX 460 |
Radeon HD 5850
768 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9 compatible
- Although official system requirements show Windows Vista as a minimum, the game does run on Windows XP.
- Dishonored Graphics (TWEAKS) - Steam Users' Forums
- Tested by Andytizer.
- New 120Hz Games Report