Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
This page is a stub
: it lacks content and/or basic article components. You can help to expand this page
by adding an image or additional information.
- Resolution is locked to 1280x720.
- No graphical options.
- A game-breaking bug occurs at a specific point and corrupts your save file so make sure you read this before you start playing so that you're prepared.
- Durante released DPfix in order to address these issues.
- GOG.com Community Discussions
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
 Game data
 Configuration file(s) location
 Save game data location
 Video settings
 Input settings
 Controller remapping
- The game's launcher allows to rebind all the buttons as well as triggers. However the game uses DirectInput, instead of modern XInput API - because of that, it's highly recommended not to bind Look / Draw Weapon to Left Trigger and Attack to Right Trigger, as pressing both will result in no action being taken.
 Audio settings
| Audio options
| Separate volume controls
|| Sliders for BGM, SV and CV volume.
| Surround sound
|| Autodetection, with some surround support. Main audio only stereo.
| Closed captions
| Mute on focus lost
 Issues fixed
 Infinite weapon wheel spinning bug
- Needs confirmation
While you're ingame and the wheel doesn't stop spinning, unplug all controllers and Close XInput Emulators.
If the problem isn't fixed restart the game and then cycle through the weapon wheel with your keyboard bindings.
Alternately you can use DPfix to turn off controller support, which completely solves this issue|
 Frame rate issues
It's been confirmed by multiple people that rebooting your PC solves problems with the frame rate.|
 Game crashes when entering a car
Just like the frame rate issues, this problem can be solved by rebooting your PC.|
 Black Screen with DPfix on Startup
It has been confirmed that the fix as of the 1.01 patch is to set |
disableJoystick 1 in
0 to fix black screen/freezing on startup. Tested on version
0.9.1 of DPfix.
 Crash at the begin of Episode 2 Chapter 9 corrupts savegame
A common occurrence is for the game to crash during the cutscenes at the start of Episode 2 Chapter 9 (the chapter starts right after you unlock the office in the Art Gallery and the cutscene with Diane plays) and corrupt the save file. The cutscenes should be skipped to avoid this.
A save file made right after these cutscenes is available here.
 System requirements
| Operating system (OS)
| Processor (CPU)
|| Intel Dual Core 2.0 GHz
|| Intel Quad Core 1.6 GHz or AMD Quad Core 1.6 GHz
| System memory (RAM)
|| 2 GB
|| 4 GB
| Hard disk drive (HDD)
| Video card (GPU)
|| 512 MB of VRAM
|| Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 |
ATI Radeon HD 4890
1 GB of VRAM