Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
| Release dates
October 31, 2013
- With mods, and while the game is not suffering from technical issues, it is the most definitive version of the game.
- Resolution locked to 1280x720. Use DPfix to increase rendering resolution along with many other options.
- This port was heavily criticized at release due to glitches. A patch was released to increase stability. It is recommended to save frequently and make occasional backup copies of the save file, especially before chapter 9.
- The Director's Cut suffers from an extremely unsaturated cold color palette that is very different from the original Xbox 360 version. See SweetFX for a workaround.
- Planet Redwood - Informative fansite
- Welcome to Greenvale - Informative fansite
- GOG.com Community Discussions
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 Issues fixed
- 7.1 Crashes
- 7.2 Non-crash related
- 8 Unresolved issues
- 9 System requirements
- 10 References
- Latest patch is 1.01b. Make sure that the game is up to date.
- Unzip the files to the game's install folder and change the options you want in the
- Increases resolution above 1280x720, adds many graphics/window options and more.
- When running the game in fullscreen mode, using Alt+Tab ↹ will crash the game. Use windowed or borderless windowed mode to prevent these crashes; uncheck "fullscreen" in the launcher.
Optional PlayStation buttons:
- While the outdoor scenes are typically better than the Xbox version because it removed the original purple filter, the indoor scenes are extremely bleak. A SweetFX profile is mandatory to fix the bad color palette.
Extra outfits for Emily
Simply dump the files in the "addon" folder:
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||1280x720 only; for other resolutions use DPfix.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Enable windowed in the launcher, then use DPfix. May cause crashing.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Anisotropic filtering is highly recommended for this game. Ensure it is not set to "OFF" in the GPU control panel and is set to at least application-controlled.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Use DPfix.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|High frame rate||Use windowed or borderless windowed mode.|
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Remapping||Set in launcher. Some keys are hard-coded.|
|Mouse acceleration||Strong negative acceleration is present.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support||Xbox 360 controllers supported. Setting compatibility mode of DP.exe to Windows 98 / Me may be required.|
|Controller remapping||See Controller remapping.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
The game's launcher allows to rebind all the buttons as well as triggers. However the game uses DirectInput, instead of modern XInput API - because of that, you cannot bind Look / Draw Weapon to Left Trigger and Attack to Right Trigger, as pressing both will result in no action being taken.
|Separate volume controls||Sliders for BGM, SV and CV volume.|
|Surround sound||Autodetection, with some surround support. Main audio only stereo. Surround sound is mostrly broken.|
|Mute on focus lost|
Game crashes on startup
Game crashes after intro movie
If you have them installed, uninstall MPC-HC and LAV Filtersor blacklist by adding a
Runtime Error Crash
Try launching directly from dp.exe instead of dplauncher.exe.
- If the game continues to crash, do this to make dp.exe aware of large addresses.
Crash (dp.exe has stopped working)
Restart your PC.
Run the game in compatibility mode
(Steam) Try disabling the Steam overlay.
Smoke a (in-game) cigarette
Skip the cutscene.
Crash during cutscene in Chapter 3 (hospital level)
Select "Controller" as your controls in the launcher to prevent the crash.
Crash at the beginning of Chapter 9 corrupts save file
- Side mission information can found here.
In Compatibility tab check Run this program in compatibility mode and choose Windows XP.Please note that this may cause the character can't aim up properly issue.
Low frame rate
It's been confirmed by multiple people that restarting your PC solves problems with the frame rate.
If restarting does not help, try a compatibility mode.
Character can't aim up properly
Set DP.exe to run in compatibility mode for Windows 98
Turn off any compatibility modes, such as Windows XP.
Save failed error
Create a new folder named savedata in the game's install folder.
Controller undetected in launcher
Set controller as preferred device
Launcher options constantly scroll up
Remove all possible Bluetooth devices, such as a Wii Remote.
Bad audio mix and brake sound while in a car with 5.1 audio
Switch to stereo audio in Windows
York begins mumbling at sidequest 20
When York is talking to Lilly in the Milk Barn for the third and final storage room sidequest, York begins mumbling during the conversation.
There are no known fixes for this, although this is a very minor glitch and does not prevent the player from doing the sidequest.
|Operating system (OS)||Vista||7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Dual Core 2.0 GHz|| Intel Quad Core 1.6 GHz|
AMD Quad Core 1.6 GHz
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| 512 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
| Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 |
ATI Radeon HD 4890
1 GB of VRAM
- Deadly Premonition Director's Cut Quick Cutscene Comparison 3 - YouTube
- Crashes after opening cinematic - Steam Community
- Deadly Premonition Windows, PS3, X360 game - Mod DB
- Can't Save; "Save Failed"
- York has a stroke