- Features a wide variety of visual options.
- Neoseeker Forums PC-specific.
- Aegis7 forums non PC-specific, less active.
- All versions require Origin.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
- There is deliberately no in-game option to modify the FOV
Edit config file to change FOV
Note: In one cutscene if you change FoV there will be border in the middle of the screen. See screenshot for details.
%LOCALAPPDATA%\EA Games\Dead Space 3\system.txt
- Search for the line
- Change the value from
1.00000000 to a higher one (default FOV is around 75°).
- Save your changes.
Enabling 30FPS+ Vsync
- Disable Vsync in the game menu.
- Enable forced Vsync in NVIDIA Control Panel (Only Nvidia VGA), RivaTuner or RadeonPro (Only AMD VGA).
- Forcing Vsync with AMD's CC will not work.
- As with previous games in the Dead Space series, the game uses negative mouse acceleration. Faster mouse movements results in slower cursor movements. This makes aiming much harder and breaks immersion.
Negative mouse acceleration can be mitigated or almost completely removed by setting controller sensitivity = 10 and mouse sensitivity = 05 in the options (0.05 in the general.txt file).
| Audio options
| Separate volume controls
| Surround sound
|| Up to 5.1 output.
| Closed captions
| Mute on focus lost
|| Can not be disabled.
Cannot retrieve information from Origin error when accessing DLC store ingame
- Several users affected by the issue have started posting tracerouting logs of their connection to the Origin servers to help EA identify the cause of the issue
- EA has responded to this issue with a workaround
- Many users are reporting that the workaround does not fix the issue
- Uninstall Origin and reinstall the latest version at http://www.origin.com/download
- Run Origin as administrator
- Add Dead Space 3 and Origin to your firewall's exception list
- Temporarily disable your antivirus while playing Dead Space 3 [Not recommended]
- Temporarily disable your firewall while playing Dead Space 3 [Not recommended]
- Port forward the following ports:
Game crashes at start-up
Disable problematic game controllers
- Go to Start Menu>Control Panel>System and Maintenance>System>[Left Panel]Device Manager>Human Interface Devices [HID]
- Disable the HID compliant game controller which could bug the game
Disable Origin overlay
- In 'MY GAMES' right-click on 'Dead space 3', open 'Game Properties' and then check the box 'Disable Origin in Game for this game'
Could not initialize display hardware
- Dead Space 3 tries launching with a video resolution unsupported by the video card/monitor.
Manually set resolution
Modify the configuration file (
%LOCALAPPDATA%\EA Games\Dead Space 3\system.txt), and adjust to a resolution that works.
Origin In-Game not working
- Origin In-Game is not working, preventing you to invite or accept invites from friends
Disable any OSD programs
Disable or exit any OSD programs (Although Fraps is usually the cause, MSI Afterburner and GF Experience could also cause problems)
| Operating system (OS)
|| XP (SP3), Vista (SP1), 7
| Processor (CPU)
|| 2.8 GHz or equivalent
| System memory (RAM)
|| 1 GB (XP), 2 GB (Vista or 7)
| Hard disk drive (HDD)
|| 10 GB
| Video card (GPU)
|| NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better |
ATI X1600 Pro or better
256 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
Shader model 3.0 support
- nVidia GeForce 7300, 7600 GS, 8500 and Ati Radeon X1300, X1300 Pro, HD2400 are below minimum system requirements
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atpxaM5F0Ps&t=2m10s
- ↑ New 120Hz Games Report
- ↑ PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up
- ↑ Dead Space 3 - Dead Space 3 Co-Op FAQ
- ↑ http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dead-Space-3/Downloadable-Contents-Connection-Issue/m-p/1401320/highlight/true#M7326
- ↑ http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dead-Space-3/Unable-to-access-Downloadable-Content-in-Dead-Space-3-Limited/m-p/476536/highlight/true#M565
- ↑ http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dead-Space-3/Unable-to-access-Downloadable-Content-in-Dead-Space-3-Limited/m-p/476612/highlight/true#M573
- ↑ http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dead-Space-3/Downloadable-Contents-Connection-Issue/m-p/475760/highlight/true#M500