- Online multiplayer for Arma 2 and Arma 2: Free has stopped working on May 31, 2014 due to GameSpy services being shut down. Use Master Server Browser.
- Official forum
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums
- Combined Operations includes both Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead; some mods (e.g. DayZ) require both games.
- Product keys for Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and digital versions of Arma 2: Combined Operations optionally activate on Steam.
Downloadable content (DLC) and expansions
| British Armed Forces
|| Requires Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
| Private Military Company
|| Requires Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
| Army of the Czech Republic
|| Requires both Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.
Digital distribution versions are already patched; for other versions use the patches below.
Skip intro videos
-nosplash -skipintro (Steam only) • Link
- Find Arma 2 in your Steam Library
- Right-click the game title
Set Launch Options...
- Launch the game
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
Changing FOV • Link
- Go to configuration file(s) location
Username.ArmA2Profile in Notepad.
- Search for "fov". There are only 2 lines that contain fov near the bottom. They are:
- "fovTop" is vertical FOV, "fovLeft" is horizontal FOV
- Use this calculator to find your FOV values in degrees by entering your screen resolution.
- Convert these values from degrees to radians by entering "XX degrees in radians" in a Google search.
- Change fovTop to the value you have now, rounded to 2 decimal places.
- Divide your topFov number by the second number of your resolution's aspect ratio.
- Take the result of step 6 and multiply it by the first number of your resolution's aspect ratio.
- Change fovLeft to the value you have now, rounded to two decimal places.
- Save the file.
Some suggested FOV values in radians for typical setups are:
| Setup Type
| 1920 x 1080 at 90 FOV
| 1680 x 1050 at 90 FOV
| 2560×1600 at 90 FOV
- Range finding by using certain scopes like the PSO scope might not be accurate anymore when playing on a non-default FOV.
| Audio options
| Separate volume controls
| Surround sound
| Closed captions
| Mute on focus lost
- Multiplayer servers can optionally use BattlEye anti-cheat protection.
- The Steam version of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is being transitioned from GameSpy to Steamworks (currently available as a beta).
Start-up parameters for the ArmA series are quite complicated due to the engine. An extensive accounting of the available parameters can be found here.
- Set the 3D resolution and the interface resolution to exactly the same value. The value isn't as important, because no matter what, if the numbers don't equal, there will be performance loss. Ideally, both values would be set at 100.
- Set Video Memory to "Default". By default (confusing, but keep reading), Arma II will cap the VRAM at an unspecified value. This value is actually lower than the "Default" option in the settings, but will still be named "Default".
- Texture Quality is dependent on the amount of RAM in your system, but due to the tweak above, it is safe to set the option to higher values.
- For a higher frame rate and reduced input latency, turn off the fancy options, like smoothing and head bobbing. To turn off motion blur, either download this mod or set post processing settings to "Very Low". This does speed up camera movement, so experiment to your liking. you can also use your NVIDIA Control Panel as shown hereto increase you frame rate.
- For faster rendering, turn on PPAA instead of the normal AA (Anti-Aliasing).
- To trick the engine into using all the power that your system has, add these commands to your startup parameters:
-exThreads=[number] (The number varies. 1 if you have a two cores, 7 if you have a four or more.
Feel free to experiment with this setting to see if anything grants you higher performance.)
| Operating system (OS)
| Processor (CPU)
|| Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, Intel Core 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 3200+
|| Intel Core 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
| System memory (RAM)
|| 1 GB
|| 2 GB
| Hard disk drive (HDD)
| Video card (GPU)
|| NVIDIA GeForce 7800
ATI Radeon 1800
256 MB of VRAM
| NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT |
ATI Radeon 4850
512 MB of VRAM
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 End of Gamespy
- ↑ SecuROM™ Support Website - ARMA 2
- ↑ Arma 2: Patch v1.05 - Bohemia Interactive Community
- ↑ Retail / Digital CD Keys - CD-Key - Knowledge Base - Steam Support
- ↑ http://www.dayzpvp.com/ultimate-fov-field-of-view-guide-for-arma-2-and-dayz/
- ↑ http://www.dayz.co/change-your-fov-in-dayz/