From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
- Enables use of DirectInput controllers in games that only support XInput controllers.
- Copy xinput1_3.dll, x360ce.exe and x360ce.ini to any folder of your choosing and open the x360ce application.
- Edit the Controller tabs key bindings to your liking. Check the Games Compatibility list and select the correct compatibility mode for your game. Once that's done you can close the application.
- Copy xinput1_3.dll to the game application folder and run the game.
- Everything should be working, some games may show the controller as an Xbox 360 controller.
Simply delete xinput1_3.dll from the game folder.
Can't use controllers with Unity engine games
- Unity is incompatible due to the Unity input manager using Raw Input instead of DirectInput. See Controller for other alternatives.
Right Analog Stick Activates Left Trigger
Replace Xinput1_3.dll with a different version
x360ce not detected
Unset controller from first player
- When you connect only a controller, this is automatically assigned to the first slot
Bind controller to 2nd player