We are hiring a new server admin! Click here to see job details on our forum.
German website with the installers: website
An alternative Inno Setup installer can be downloaded from MediaFire for CD-Version and DVD-Collection Version. This alternative installer includes many fixes listed below. It's the ultimate installer for English, German and French version for this game.
This custom installer uses old dgVoodoo2 version. If you still have issues with graphics (like greenish screen), then download latest version, unpack it and copy everything from MS folder to the install dir replacing files.
Update: Launcher 2.0 for CD, DVD or HDD versions of this Setup. Contain VB6-runtimes.
File: SWEP1RC_Res_Fix_Patch_v20.7z (Mediafire) (2,04 MB)
Optional for DirectX-9 User: Wine3D Emulation Files
This patch use the Wine3D emulation instead of dgvoodoo. Wine3D working with a DirectX-9 Emulation.
This patch files are only created for this alternative setup.
1. Make a backup and delete from the installation folder following files:
2. Copy the correct Wine3D patch files for your Star Wars Racer Version in the installation folder and overwrite the existing files.
3. Run the game regular over the Launcher from this alternative installer
Wine3D emulation is not perfect. No fog, no reflections, no lensflare, more color banding, etc.
Wine3D is a pure dirt emulation for Star Wars Racer.
Use dgVoodoo for a perfect game emulation.
dgVoodoo is better than Wine3D or dxWND at this game.
An alternative MSI installer can be downloaded from his website. A guide on how to create a CD image with a new installer can be found here.
1. Copy the gnome folder from Racer's CD to your hard disk and rename it to RACER
2. Copy RACER.EXE from the root of the CD into RACER folder on your hard disk
3. Copy DSETUP.dll, DSETUP16.dll DSETUP32.dll, SysCheck.exe, SYSCHECK.INI and Website.exe files from INSTALL folder into RACER folder on your hard disk
4. If for example you had placed the RACER folder in C:\Games then your folder structure would look like this:
5. Now for the registry entries. Copy the following text into Notepad
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars: Episode I Racer\v1.0]
"3D Device"="Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration through Direct3D HAL"
"Display"="Primary Display Driver"
6. You need to edit drive letters in this entries Analyze Path, CD Path, Source Dir and Source Path so they point to your CD/DVD drive. After that edit entries Executable and Install Path so they point to folders/files where you copied your game.
7. Now save that file as racer.reg and run it to import settings to registry.
8. You should be able to start the game.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars: Episode I Racer