Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Winter Assault
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
|Engine||Impossible Creatures Engine (heavily modified)|
|First release date||September 23, 2005|
|Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War||2004|
|Winter Assault (expansion)|
|Dark Crusade (standalone)|
|Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II||2009|
|Chaos Rising (standalone)|
- Dawn of War and all of its expansions are highly modifiable and several high quality mods are available.
- Dawn of War and its expansion, Winter Assault, share game files.
- Dawn of War previously used GameSpy, support for which was discontinued at the end of 2012 due to their takeover.
- Pseudo-Multiplayer is still possible thanks to GameRanger, or alternatively using Hamachi.
 Video settings
|Widescreen resolution||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)||See Field of view (FOV).|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||See Anti-aliasing (AA).|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||See Vertical sync (Vsync)|
- This fix will greatly enhance zoom capabilities.
Field of view (FOV) • Link
Widescreen resolution • Link
- Forcing AA will render fonts blurry and harder to read.
- Forcing AA via graphics driver will result in greater AA. INI fix is probably only 2x AA.
Anti-aliasing (AA) • Link
 Input settings
 System requirements
|Operating system (OS)||Windows 98/2000/XP/ME||Windows 98/2000/XP/ME|
|Processor (CPU)||1.4 GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon XP processor||2.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent|
|System memory (RAM)||256 MB RAM||512 MB System RAM (required for 8-player multiplayer games)|
|Video card (GPU)||32 MB DirectX 9.0b compatible AGP video card with Hardware Transform and Lighting||nVidia GeForce 3 or ATI Radeon 8500 or equivalent with 64 MB of Video RAM|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||4.5 GB||4.5 GB|