SweetFX is a graphics mod which was created by CeeJay.dk of Guru3D. SweetFX allows injection of a suite of post processing shader effects into games. It allows users to modify the processing effects into their games to their liking, making it possible to change the look and mood of the games they play.
SweetFX includes the following shaders:
- Advanced CRT: Mimics the look of an old arcade CRT display.
- Bloom: Makes strong lights bleed their light into their surroundings.
- Border: Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some AA modes sometimes causes.
- Cartoon: Creates an outline-effect that makes the image look more cartoonish.
- Cineon DPX: Makes the image look like it was converted from film to Cineon DPX. Can be used to create a sunny look.
- Curves: Contrast adjustments using S-curves - without causing clipping.
- Dither: Applies dithering to simulate more colors than the monitor can display, which lessens the banding artifacts.
- Explosion: Scatters the pixels similarly to the Explosion filter in Irfanview.
- FXAA Anti-aliasing: Anti-aliases the image using the FXAA technique.
- HDR: Mimics an HDR tonemapped look.
- Levels: Sets a new black and white point which is a fast and easy way to increase contrast.
- Lift Gamma Gain: Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights.
- LumaSharpen: Sharpens the image, making details easier to see.
- Monochrome: Removes colors from the image so it appears as if shot on black and white film.
- Sepia: Sepia tones the image.
- SMAA Anti-aliasing: Anti-aliases the image using the SMAA technique.
- Splitscreen: Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.
- Technicolor: Makes the image look like it was processed using a three-strip Technicolor process.
- Tonemap: Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog.
- Vibrance: Intelligently saturates/desaturates the pixels depending on their original saturation.
- Vignette: Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens.
- SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread on Guru3D
- SweetFX download page on Guru3D
- SweetFX mod page on nexusmods
- SweetFX settings database