Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords
| Release dates
February 8, 2005
|Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic||2003|
|Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords||2005|
|Star Wars: The Old Republic||2011|
- Retail version recently re-released in a bundle with the first game and made compatible with recent operating systems.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Gameplay mods
- 4 Game data
- 5 Video settings
- 6 Input settings
- 7 Audio settings
- 8 Issues fixed
- 9 Other information
- 10 System requirements
- 11 References
|Amazon.com||Knights of the Old Republic Collection.|
|Amazon.co.uk||Knights of the Old Republic Collection.|
- Knights of the Old Republic Collection includes both Knights of the Old Republic and Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords.
Skip intro videos
Find, delete or rename the following files from this path.
leclogo.bik ObsidianEnt.bik Legal.bik
- The mod can be simply extracted to the root folder of the game.
- Highly recommended patch restores cut content from the game.
- Version 1.8.2 now supports M4-78 Enhancement Project which restores droid planet content.
Disable Steam automatic updates
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed|| Add |
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||Hacks will make mouse cursor inaccurate.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||External vsync will cause performance issues.|
|High frame rate|
- TweakGuides has created a comprehensive guide for fixing issues in this game. It can be found here.
- KOTOR2 natively supports 4:3 resolutions only.
- Widescreen fixes will break the minimap location reporting, which can be solved using the minimap fix.
- Widescreen fixes resolutions of 1366x768 and under will not display dialogue option text correctly and are unplayable.
- Video tutorial for widescreen available here
- Any patches should be applied before using this fix as otherwise the patching process will fail.
Widescreen on the retail
[Display Options] Width=2048 Height=1152 [Graphics Options] Height=1152 Width=2048
Widescreen minimap problem
Fix minimap location
Dialogue options won't display
- Dialogue options will not display on vertical resolutions of 1366x768 or below.
Increase resolution to 1366x785
[Display Options] Width=1366 Height=795 [Graphics Options] Height=795 Width=1366
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
- Controller is not natively supported.
Pinnacle controller profileA Pinnacle profile created by user Cid is available to use.
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|EAX support||EAX 3|
- Error occurs after the company logos and before the main menu, or after clicking on 'Load Game' from the main menu.
- Full error message: 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords has stopped working'.
Disable Steam OverlayGoing to properties and disabling 'Steam Community In-game' can sometimes fix this issue
Switch to windowed modeSwitching to windowed mode sometimes fixes this issue.
Activate discrete graphics card
Make sure non-Intel graphics card is being used.Intel integrated graphics seems to work for the Steam version but not the retail version in some cases.
Change NVIDIA Control Panel settingsIf you have a newer NVIDIA GPU and your game keeps crashing when you click 'Load Game' from the main menu, a detailed solution for this can be found here. The critical detail seems to be changing
Disable "Frame Buffer Effects"
If the game crashes after initial character creation and you own an AMD/ATI video card, disabling "Frame Buffer Effects" in the game's "Advanced Graphics Options"may fix the issue.
Stuttering or freezing after combat
- This can be fixed by limiting maximum frame rate.
Unable to move your character
Unable to move your character
Higher quality media
- Not required for Steam version or the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Collection 2 DVD re-release.
Higher quality movies install instructions
Install Movie Update Patch - 1135 MB
Higher quality music install instructions
Install Music Update Patch - 145 MB
- KOTOR and TSL Save Game Editor (English Language Only) (3.3.3), also known as the 'KSE'.
- Save game editor (cheat) works for both KOTOR 1 and 2.
- The save game editor doesn't automatically detect the Steam version of KotOR2.
Choosing game location inside the KSE program
Disable frame buffer effects
Low Frame Rate
Retail installation for Windows 7
- All steps should be done with an administrator account.
- Working on Windows 7 x64 bit.
Retail installation instructions
|Operating system (OS)|| |
98, 2000, ME, XP
|Processor (CPU)||1 GHz||1.6 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||128 MB||512 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)||32 MB Card||128 MB Card|
- Star Wars Fanpedia
- Tweakguides - Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 Tweak Guide
- Daily Stream - Vsync and Kotor 2
- Widescreen Gaming Forum - Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2
- Tested by Andytizer, 1920x1080 tested as working.
- Steam Forums - Ultimate KOTOR 2 Tweak Guide
- Tested by Andytizer.
- Tested by Ehs0329.