Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords
| Release dates
February 8, 2005
|Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic||2003|
|Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords||2005|
|Star Wars: The Old Republic||2011|
- Retail version recently re-released in a bundle with the first game and made compatible with recent operating systems.
- GOG.com Community Discussions for game series
- GOG.com Support Page
- Obsidian Forum
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Gameplay mods
- 4 Game data
- 5 Video settings
- 6 Input settings
- 7 Audio settings
- 8 Issues fixed
- 9 Other information
- 10 System requirements
- 11 References
|Amazon.com||Knights of the Old Republic Collection.|
|Amazon.co.uk||Knights of the Old Republic Collection.|
|GOG.com||Is not uptodate (exe version is 126.96.36.199)|
- Knights of the Old Republic Collection includes both Knights of the Old Republic and Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords.
1.0b is the latest version.
Skip intro videos
- Highly recommended to restore content that was cut from the game.
- Version 1.8.2 now supports M4-78 Enhancement Project which restores droid planet content.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed|| Add |
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases/latest any other Hacks will make the mouse cursor inaccurate.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||External vsync will cause performance issues.|
|High frame rate|
- TweakGuides has created a comprehensive guide for fixing issues in this game. It can be found here.
- Widescreen fixes will break the minimap location reporting, which can be solved using the minimap fix.
- Widescreen fixes resolutions of 1366x768 and under will not display dialogue option text correctly and are unplayable.
- Video tutorial for widescreen available here
- This uses a slightly older version of the game with some bugs.
Make necessary changes
[Display Options] Width=2048 Height=1152 [Graphics Options] Height=1152 Width=2048
Full Screen Movies
- Guide located here (it is not necessary to edit your .bik files)
- Requires the No-CD cracked executable, used in the above Widescreen fix.
80 02 00 00 75 15 81 3D E8 C1 80 00 E0 01 . . . 80 02 00 00 C7 44 24 10 E0 01
The resulting hex sequences should look like this, for a 1920x1080 resolution:
80 07 00 00 75 15 81 3D E8 C1 80 00 38 04 . . . 80 07 00 00 C7 44 24 10 38 04
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
Pinnacle controller profileA Pinnacle profile created by user Cid is available to use.
Xpadder controller profile
A Xpadder profile created by Heraske is available to use. It is approximately 90% full controller support that is NEAR IDENTICAL to the original Xbox game. Also supports DS4 controller out of the box. Requires VERY minimal mouse movement. Here is a video demonstrating it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7a3XeWhC-4
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|EAX support||EAX 3|
|Spanish||subtitles with a mod|
- Error occurs after the company logos and before the main menu, or after clicking on 'Load Game' from the main menu.
- Full error message: 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords has stopped working'.
Disable Steam OverlayGoing to properties and disabling 'Steam Community In-game' can sometimes fix this issue
Switch to windowed modeSwitching to windowed mode sometimes fixes this issue.
Activate discrete graphics card
Make sure non-Intel graphics card is being used.Intel integrated graphics seems to work for the Steam version but not the retail version in some cases.
Change NVIDIA Control Panel settingsIf you have a newer NVIDIA GPU and your game keeps crashing when you click 'Load Game' from the main menu, a detailed solution for this can be found here. The critical detail seems to be changing
Disable "Frame Buffer Effects"
If the game crashes after initial character creation and you own an AMD/ATI video card, disabling "Frame Buffer Effects" in the game's "Advanced Graphics Options"may fix the issue.
Disable "Shadows" settingIf the game crashes unexpectedly from time to time, this is the only way to fix it now. For ex. the crash may be at the Ebon Hawk, on the Prologue level, when you approach the Quadlaser turret.
Stuttering or freezing after combat
- This can be fixed by limiting maximum frame rate.
Unable to move your character
Unable to move your character
Higher quality media
- Not required for Steam version or the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Collection 2 DVD re-release.
Higher quality movies install instructions
Install Movie Update Patch - 1135 MB
Higher quality music install instructions
Install Music Update Patch - 145 MB
- KOTOR and TSL Save Game Editor (English Language Only) (3.3.4), also known as the 'KSE'
- Save game editor (cheat) works for both KOTOR 1 and 2
- The save game editor doesn't automatically detect the Steam version of KotOR2
Choosing game location inside the KSE program
Disable frame buffer effects
Low Frame Rate
Retail installation for Windows 7
- All steps should be done with an administrator account.
- Working on Windows 7 x64 bit.
Retail installation instructions
Widescreen minimap problem
Fix minimap location
Dialogue options won't display
- Dialogue options will not display on vertical resolutions of 1366x768 or below.
Increase resolution to 1366x785
[Display Options] Width=1366 Height=795 [Graphics Options] Height=795 Width=1366
|Operating system (OS)|| |
98, 2000, ME, XP
|Processor (CPU)||1 GHz||1.6 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||128 MB||512 MB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)||32 MB Card||128 MB Card|
- Tweakguides - Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 Tweak Guide
- Daily Stream - Vsync and Kotor 2
- Widescreen Gaming Forum - Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2
- Tested by Andytizer, 1920x1080 tested as working.
- Steam Forums - Ultimate KOTOR 2 Tweak Guide
- Tested by Andytizer.
- Tested by Ehs0329.