| Release dates
November 1, 2011
|Sonic 3D Blast||1997|
|Sonic & Knuckles Collection||1997|
|Sonic Adventure DX||2003|
|Sonic Mega Collection Plus||2007|
|Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing||2010|
|Sonic 3D Blast (2010)||2010|
|Sonic the Hedgehog||2010|
|Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine||2010|
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2||2011|
|Sonic 3 & Knuckles||2011|
|Sonic Adventure DX (2011)||2011|
|Sonic CD (2012)||2012|
|Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I||2012|
|Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II||2012|
|Sonic Adventure 2||2012|
|Sonic Adventure 2: Battle|
|Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed||2013|
|Metal Sonic & Outrun|
|Sonic Adventure DX (Steam)||2014|
- This game is more suitable with a controller.
- The Unleashed Project Mod comes with extra stages along with many graphical improvements and an optimized graphical renderer, the mod's content itself being optional.
- Active modding community.
- Some slight performance issues.
- Official developer site
- Sonic News Network - A massive wiki for the Sonic the Hedgehog universe
- Sonic Retro - A huge fan site for everything Sonic the Hedgehog. Mods for all the games can be found here
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 Issues fixed
- 8 System requirements
- 9 References
|Green Man Gaming|
- All versions require Steam.
Unleashed Project Mod
The Unleashed Project Mod comes with Sonic Unleashed day stages ported from the Xbox 360 version with many graphical improvements and a graphics renderer that provides graphical and stability improvements to the mod and base game.
High Resolution Shadows
- Only for the shadows cast by dynamic objects
- Works for base game and for the Unleashed Project Mod
There's a way to go beyond the shadow resolution options offered by the game, and it involves some manual modifications to the executable. Step-by-step instructions can be found here.
Configuration file(s) location
- May occasionally break. See Critical Error.
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Use Widescreen Fixer|
|Multi-monitor||Use Widescreen Fixer|
|4K Ultra HD||Game crashes upon start at 4k.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Force in the graphics card control panel.|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|High frame rate||Frame rate is capped at 60 FPS. Unlocking effects negatively in games performance and gameplay.|
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Remapping||Keys must be bound to a virtual Xbox 360 Controller. The game will display the matching gamepad buttons instead of keyboard keys in the tooltips.|
|Mouse input in menus||Only for external configuration tool.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||XInput controllers only.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Surround sound||Auto configures up to 5.1 output|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Italian||Some translation issues exist.|
Issues with Nvidia Optimus laptops
Method 1: "Extend Desktop" Fix
- Use Method 2 only if Method 1 does not work
- This fix is know to work on GeForce GT 555M, GeForce GT 540M, and GeForce GT 525M chipsets
Method 2: "Config File Edit" Fix
Do not manually edit this file, use the configuration tool. NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M \\.\DISPLAY1 1600.900.60 1 1 1 1 0 d7b78e66-4256-11cf-fd56-b424b7c2c535 1515474505
Save the edited file. You should now be able to play the game.
One thing that should be noted is that the line "\\.\DISPLAY1" may need changing as well. In one test case, DISPLAY1 was fine when only the laptop display was enabled. However when the display was extended onto the "fake" Intel VGA display, it had to be changed to DISPLAY2. Therefore if DISPLAY1 does not work, it is recommended to try DISPLAYi where i is the number of displays you currently have enabled.
This second method was suggested by ezodagrom, and is reproduced here from a post by BlackLionPT.
Configuration Tool does not open/crashes
- Download and Install Microsoft Net Framework 4.0 from here.
- NOTE: If the above doesn't, please run Windows Update and install ALL Updates available. This way you can make sure it's not a "flaw" in your system that's causing the problem.
Black screen but can hear sound
Go to Catalyst Control Center / Nvidia Control Panel and disable all custom Anti Aliasing profiles (reset it to default if needed).
Crash on startup
Adjust sound qualitySee Sound problems (cracking, delays, missing music/effects, etc.)
Other possible solutions
- Complete error states
The detected configuration does not match your current hardware. Please run the configuration tool.
Delete config files and re-run config tool
Crash when trying to play online ranking mode
|Operating system (OS)||XP||7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 (2x2.0GHz) or AMD equivalent||Intel Core i5 @ 2.66 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.0 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB (Windows XP)/3 GB (Vista, 7)||3 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia GeForce 8800
ATI Radeon HD 2900
512 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9 compatible
| Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 |
ATI Radeon HD 5850
1 GB of VRAM