| Release dates
October 4, 2011
February 2, 2012
- Achievements are disabled in the 64-bit version
- Texture streaming is an issue even on new systems (mostly with AMD graphics cards.) 
- Rage runs from RAM Disk without problems.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 Network
- 8 Issues unresolved
- 9 Issues fixed
- 10 System requirements
- 11 References
|Amazon.com||OS X only.|
- All Windows versions require Steam.
Enable developer console
Enable console in shortcut • Link
Disable company logos
Disable intro movies • Link
CUDA Transcode Improved Performance
Rage uses very highly compressed texture data as part of its MegaTexture technology engine. Users with a fast Nvidia video card can benefit from CUDA transcoding which will offload the decompressing task to the video card rather than the CPU. Users with 4 or more processor cores instead can benefit from extra CPU transcoding by disabling this feature and thus giving all available video card time to rendering the game.
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
|Windows||%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\id Software\Rage\base\savegame\|
- Saves for the 64-bit executable are stored in
- Save game data folder can be changed via
- The texture cache (
fs_cachepath) is stored in
Switch 32 and 64 bit savegames
|Steam Cloud||Configuration file only |
|Multi-monitor|| Flawless Widescreen could solve HUD issues. |
64 bit version has native support for hands stretching fix
|Field of view (FOV)||See Field of view (FOV).|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed||See Borderless fullscreen windowed.|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Only options are High and Low (Please DON'T force more than 4x)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||The in-game v-sync option may cause stuttering on some systems. Externally force it if this occurs.|
|High frame rate||Frame rate is capped at 60 FPS.|
- Single player and multiplayer FOV settings must be set separately.
Add launch options (single player mode) • Link
Set FOV in default.cfg (multiplayer mode) • Link
- AutoHotKey Script does not work. RAGE will resize so that the title bar of the window becomes visible.
- RAGE's fullscreen mode is not Alt+Tab ↹-friendly, and can reset your vsync and Antialiasing settings.
Rage.exe to the GameCompanion will run the game in borderless fullscreen windowed mode. Due to the window styling, it appears that the window will be slightly too small for the native resolution, revealing a small window border on one side.
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Acceleration is off by default.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping|| Only presets available. However you can always customize your |
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Music, Voice, Effects.|
|Surround sound||Auto configures up to 7.1 output|
|Mute on focus lost|
Regular crashes with ATi/AMD mobile graphics
- Running RAGE on some systems will cause regular crashes, and this issue remains unfixed.
- Using third-party drivers does not fix the issue.
64 bit version takes forever to load
Disable developer log • Link
Corrupted, black, jagged or dotted textures
Disable any sort of override or enhancing function (like anisotropic filter, antialiasing or Catalyst A.I.) from any utility which could control the graphics card.
These include but are not limited to program such as the Catalyst Control Center, the Nvidia Control panel, RadeonPro, Ati Tray tools, RivaTuner.
Stutter, textures pop-in, freezes
This completely fix texture pop in 
- If the game freezes for about 1 two 2 seconds in regularly intervalls, add "+jobs_numThreads 0" to the launch options
|Operating system (OS)||XP SP3, Vista, 7||XP SP3, Vista, 7|
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD||Intel Core 2 Quad or equivalent AMD|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||25 GB||25 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| GeForce 8800
Radeon HD 4200
| GeForce 9800 GTX |
Radeon HD 5550
- Tested by Mirh
- Nvidia developer relations employee's opinion @Shacknews.com
- 64-bit save files? - Steam Users' Forums
- Rage save game - reddit
- Detailed Widescreen Reports: RAGE - WSGF forums
- New 120Hz Games Report
- PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up
- E420s switchable graphics with opengl - Lenovo Community
- Tested by Andytizer
- [SUPPORT]Rage Issues, Bugs And Fixes Thread - Steam Users' Forums
- RAGE Wiki - Tweaks