- Quality port.
- Region unlocked online multiplayer.
- Steam Community Discussions
- All versions require Steam.
Skip intro videos
Skip intro • Link
- Navigate to
- Delete, rename or move these files:
Improved video cutscene quality (720p PS3 cutscenes)
- Original description. It had been previously posted on Guru3D.com forums, but later removed
Configuration file(s) location
Save game data location
- No support for 5:4 resolutions 
| Audio options
| Separate volume controls
|| BGM, SFX, Announcer, Ambience, Dialog
| Surround sound
|| Auto configures up to 7.1 output
| Closed captions
| Mute on focus lost
- Specific audio sound card is selectable (e.g. external sound card, USB headsets,...)
For more information on issues like game not opening, not being able to see players in lobbies etc. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323185654
- The game tries to run at a constant 60 FPS, and sometimes slows down if it can't be processed fast enough.
Nvidia Users : disable CUDA/PhysX • Link
To disable CUDA/PhysX for this game only, you need to add the executable file (mkke.exe in the installation folder) in the Nvidia tool, and choose to uncheck your video card on the line concerning CUDA. Then you need to launch the game by this executable (mkke.exe), to do that easily you can make a shortcut. You need to be already logged in Steam to successfully launch the game by this file.
Disable second screen • Link
Disable second screen (if you have one) in your system settings also reduce the slow-motion effect in some way.
Reduce video settings • Link
Reducing video settings may help, but it still can occur on some specific stages (Graveyard, The Street).
Disable RadeonPro • Link
For AMD users with the program RadeonPro, turning it off may fix the frame rate issue, although it is unclear why (not confirmed by RadeonPro developer, still needs more feedback about the frame rate issue which was reported by only one user so far)
Change framelimit • Link
- Download new config.
- Extract desired settings (30 or 45 fps) to config folder.
Turn off Hyper-V (Windows 8 and newer) • Link
- Open the Start screen, type
optionalfeatures.exe and press ↵ Enter.
- Uncheck Hyper-V and press OK.
Game won't boot after first time
- After starting the game once, loading it up a second time may cause to show the splash screen briefly before crashing.
Edit options.ini • Link
- Edit the value of
max_texture to a higher number (eg. from 512 to 1024). Save the file and close it.
Edit dxdiag.txt • Link
- This might help when using Intel HD graphic cards (Nvidia Optimus).
- Under the
Display Devices section, edit the value of
Dedicated Memory to a higher number (eg. 1024). Save the file and close it.
- Right click on the file, select Preferences, and make the file read-only.
- Online multiplayer may not show any matches/lobbies at all.
Change video settings • Link
- Some users reported that changing the resolution to 720p or lowering Antialiasing may solve this problem.
| Operating system (OS)
Vista, 7, 8
| Processor (CPU)
|| AMD Athlon X2, 2.8 GHz
Intel Core Duo, 2.4 GHz
| AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz|
Intel Core i5 750, 2.67 GHz
| System memory (RAM)
|| 2 GB
|| 4 GB
| Hard disk drive (HDD)
| Video card (GPU)
|| AMD Radeon 3850
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
DirectX 10 compatible
| AMD Radeon HD 6950 |
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
DirectX 11 compatible
- ↑ Mortal Kombat GOTY PC? - Guru3D.com forums
- ↑ [PIN / BUMP] Mortal Kombat All Fixes
- ↑ Matthew Blevins - Facebook
- ↑ Found out what was causing my slow motion - Steam Community Discussions
- ↑ Tested by fwinest JediThug.
- ↑ FOR THOSE WITH INTEGRATED VIDEO ONLY!!!!! - Steam Community Discussions
- ↑ 1080P ONLINE FIX VERIFIED - Steam Community Discussions
- ↑ [MK9 PC] No one showing up in lobbies and match finder doesn't return anything... - Reddit