Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
| Release dates
January 9, 2014
September 25, 2014
|Metal Gear Solid: Integral||2000|
|Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance||2003|
|Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance||2014|
|Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes||2014|
|Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain||2015|
- PC version features texture filtering, high quality shadows, an option to increase cut pieces number and more PC-specific features.
- The game appears to perform well, and the system requirements are overblown.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Game data
- 3 Video settings
- 4 Input settings
- 5 Audio settings
- 6 Issues fixed
- 7 Issues unresolved
- 8 System requirements
- 9 References
|Green Man Gaming|
- All Windows versions require Steam.
Save game data location
|Steam Cloud||Saves will not sync with Steam Cloud if the system has no C: drive.|
|Widescreen resolution||800x600, 1280x720, 1366x768, 1680x1050 and 1920x1080 only. Non-16:9 resolutions are anamorphic by default.|
|Multi-monitor||Use Flawless Widescreen.|
|Ultra-widescreen||Use Flawless Widescreen.|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Windowed||Aspect ratios other than 16:9 are anamorphic, and will look stretched on a window.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Up to 16 samples.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||2x, 4x or 8x MSAA|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Frame rate is capped at 60 FPS, Vsync possibly forced alongside.|
|High frame rate||Frame rate is capped at 60 FPS.|
- In fullscreen mode, the game will output at the desktop resolution. The game will internally scale the picture up or down.
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Remapping||Single key. Cannot bind extra mouse buttons. Impossible to input the Konami Code.|
|Mouse acceleration||REVERSE mouse acceleration; feels like moving an analog stick.|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion||Both X and Y inversion options for camera control.|
|Controller support||XInput controllers only.|
|Full controller support|
|Controller remapping||4 presets available.|
|Controller Y-axis inversion||Same as mouse control; options linked.|
|Separate volume controls||Music, SFX, Voice|
|Surround sound||Up to 5.0 output|
|Mute on focus lost|
HDMI monitors: Stuck at 1080p24 / 1080i60
- A fix can be found here.
- The developers are looking at an official fix
- Some users are reporting the game sets the monitor to 1080p24 or 1080i60, but only when enabling fullscreen and selecting 1920x1080 in the game (other resolutions run fine).
- A workaround is to run it on a window or borderless fullscreen mode.
- Another workaround is to use RadeonPro (some features of which do work on NVIDIA cards):
Crash on launch
Install game to C: driveThe game should work as long as the C: drive is present, but sometimes it has problems if it isn't installed to that drive.
Disable Xfire ingameXfire has an in-game overlay that can cause crashing. Turning it off for this game or closing Xfire entirely should do the trick.
Skip intro videos
- The game has a lengthy series of splash screens that are shown whenever the game starts up. So far it has not been discovered how to remove these, but it's possible to speed through them with repeated button presses on the controller.
- Doesn't work with a keyboard
|Operating system (OS)|| |
XP, Vista, 7, 8
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core i5 2400||Intel Core i7 3770|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia Geforce GTS 450
DirectX 9.0c compatible
| Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 |
DirectX 9.0c compatible
- PCGW's PC Port Report
- How Is The Optimization? :: METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE General discussions
- Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE
- PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up
- Fix the 24 fps fullscreen lock ASAP :: METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE General discussions
- Fix the 24 fps fullscreen lock ASAP :: METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE General discussions, link to post detailing the RadeonPro workaround.