From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
(Redirected from Grid 2)
| Release dates
May 28, 2013
September 25, 2014
|TOCA Race Driver||2002|
|TOCA Race Driver 2||2004|
|TOCA Race Driver 3||2006|
|Race Driver: Grid||2008|
- The game features full keyboard support but a controller is recommended.
- Modding support to be introduced in the latest patch and Steam Workshop support is also being discussed.
- Features a split-screen mode and options to remove HUD elements.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 Network
- 8 Issues unresolved
- 9 Other information
- 10 System requirements
- 11 References
|Games Republic||Reloaded Edition.|
|Green Man Gaming|
|Mac App Store||Reloaded Edition, OS X only.|
- All versions require Steam.
Skip intro videos
Delete/move/rename intro videos files
Activate Intel graphics options
- Steam will re-download this file if you verify integrity so you will need to repeat the process.
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\GRID 2\hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config.xml|
Save game data location
- Regardless of where the game is installed, the Windows version will attempt to use the %PROGRAMDATA% area to store the in-game replays. The game will work with a Windows shortcut, allowing the folder to be mapped to alternate locations/drives.
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||CMAA, MSAA (2x, 4x, 8x)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|High frame rate|
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus||Mouse is not used.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Controller support||Requires to press start in the main screen|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls||Menu music, effects, engines, speech,|
|Mute on focus lost|
- Only menu music and speech can be fully muted, the other options do not allow you to go below half.
- RaceNet online features require a Codemasters Account.
Crashing during loading screens
- Users are reporting that the game is crashing randomly during loading screens. There is currently no known fix.
Logitech Gxx issues
- Users are reporting a variety of issues with Logitech Gxx peripherals. There is currently no known fix.
Minimap not shown during races
- Users are reporting an issue with the minimap not being displayed during a race.
Codemasters has stated they are working on a fix and it will be released shortly.
Disable engineer speech
Disable music during races only
- Steam will re-download missing files if you verify integrity so you will need to repeat the process.
- GRID 2 Mods - Collection of released modifications.
- Cockpit Cam Mod - Available for all vehicles (except DLC), works online and the only prominent issue being the blurry dashboard.
|Operating system (OS)||Vista||7, 8|
|Processor (CPU)|| AMD Athlon X2 5400+
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
| AMD Bulldozer|
Intel Core i7
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| AMD HD 2600
Intel HD Graphics 3000
NVIDIA GeForce 8600
| AMD HD 6000 Series |
Intel Graphics 5200
NVIDIA GTX 500 Series
1 GB of VRAM
- Grid 2's community patch will introduce mod support - PC Gamer
- Modding Support V1.0 - Steam Community Discussions
- Game crashed randomly in loading screens - Codemasters Forums
- Game Crashs in the loading screen - Steam Community Discussions
- WARNING PC USERS! 2 BIG controller bugs!! - Codemasters Forums
- Unplayable with G25 wheel PC - Codemasters Forums
- Mini Map???? - Steam Community Discussions