From PCGamingWiki, the wiki about fixing PC games
(Redirected from Grid 2)
| Release dates
May 28, 2013
|TOCA Race Driver||2002|
|TOCA Race Driver 2||2004|
|TOCA Race Driver 3||2006|
|Race Driver: Grid||2008|
- Modding support to be introduced in the latest patch and Steam Workshop support is also being discussed.
- Features a split-screen mode and options to remove HUD elements.
- The game features full keyboard support but an Xbox 360 Controller is recommended.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 Network
- 8 Issues unresolved
- 9 System requirements
- 10 References
|Green Man Gaming|
- All versions require Steam.
- GRID 2 Mods - Collection of released modifications.
- Cockpit Cam Mod - Available for all vehicles (except DLC), works online and the only prominent issue being the blurry dashboard.
Skip intro videos
Delete intel_sting.bk2, etc. • Link
Disable engineer speech
Delete speech_engineer.bnk • Link
Disable music during races only
Open music.xml • Link
- Steam will re-download missing files if you verify integrity so you will need to repeat the process.
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%USERPROFILE%\My Games\GRID 2\hardwaresettings|
Save game data location
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|High frame rate|
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Surround sound||No SPDIF support, use analog or HDMI audio out.|
|Mute on focus lost|
- Only menu music and speech can be fully muted, the other options do not allow you to go below half.
- RaceNet online features require a Codemasters Account.
Crashing during loading screens
- Users are reporting that the game is crashing randomly during loading screens. There is currently no known fix.
Logitech Gxx issues
- Users are reporting a variety of issues with Logitech Gxx peripherals. There is currently no known fix.
Minimap not shown during races
- Users are reporting an issue with the minimap not being displayed during a race.
Codemasters has stated they are working on a fix and it will be released shortly.
|Operating system (OS)|| |
Vista, 7, 8
|Processor (CPU)||Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 5400+||Intel Core i7 / AMD Bulldozer|
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| Intel HD Graphics 3000
AMD HD 2600
NVIDIA GeForce 8600
| Intel Graphics 5200 |
AMD HD 6000 Series
NVIDIA GTX 500 Series
1 GB of VRAM
- Grid 2′s community patch will introduce mod support - PC Gamer
- Modding Support V1.0 - Steam Community Discussions
- Game crashed randomly in loading screens - Codemasters Forums
- Game Crashs in the loading screen - Steam Community Discussions
- WARNING PC USERS! 2 BIG controller bugs!! - Codemasters Forums
- Unplayable with G25 wheel PC - Codemasters Forums
- Mini Map???? - Steam Community Discussions