Gotham City Impostors
|Publisher(s)||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
|Engine||Lithtech Jupiter EX|
|First release date|| Paid February 7, 2012 |
Free to Play August 30, 2012
- Original version re-released as a Free to Play title; see Availability.
|Steam||Free to play.|
- The Free to Play version requires Steam instead of Games for Windows Live.
- Migrating from the original release to the Free to Play version unlocks additional bonuses; see the Migration to Steam page on the Official Website.
 Game data
|Windows||C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Gotham City Impostors F2P|
|Steam Cloud||Syncs save games.|
 Video settings
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Called "FSAA"|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
 Input settings
 Issues and Fixes
 Performance And FPS Slowdown
 Run Outside Of Steam
It's possible to run the game outside of Steam, which allows the game to benefit from not running the overlay.
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\gotham city impostors\Impostors.exe
Run the game from
Impostors.exe instead of Steam.
 Setting Process Affinity To High Priority
Once the game is running, it is possible to set the game to run at a higher affinity.
Whilst running the game, open task manager and set the
Impostors.exe affinity to 'high'.
 Installation Problems
 Run External Installers
Running the external installers (following the main game installation) may resolve a number of issues. Run the following installers:
...\steamapps\common\gotham city imposter\redist\directX\DXSETUP.exe
...\steamapps\common\gotham city imposter\redist\GFWL\Gfwlivesetup.exe
...\steamapps\common\gotham city imposter\redist\visualStudio\vcredist_x86.exe
Reboot your computer and test any issues again.
 Windows XP Problem
This issue may occur whilst using Windows XP.
- Exit Steam.
- Go to the "Start" menu, select "Run", type "regedit" and click "OK".
- Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VALVE
- Right click and select "Permissions"
- Check the "Allow" boxes for "Admin" and "System" for both "Full control" and "Read".
 Field Of Vision (FOV) Fixes
This game has received a number of fixes through a patch, including an FOV slider.
 System requirements
|Operating system (OS)||Windows XP/Vista/7||Windows XP/Vista/7|
|Processor (CPU)||Dual Core 2.5 GHz||Quadcore 2.0 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||1.5 GB||2 GB|
|Video card (GPU)||GeForce 8600 or ATI X1800 or better||GeForce 8800 or ATI X1900 or better|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||6 GB free||6 GB free|