Deus Ex: Human Revolution
| Release dates
August 23, 2011
April 26, 2012
|Deus Ex: Invisible War||2003|
|Deus Ex: Human Revolution||2011|
|Tactical Enhancement Pack|
|Explosive Mission Pack|
|The Missing Link|
|Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut||2013|
|Deus Ex: The Fall||2014|
This page is for the original release. For the Director's Cut, see Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut.
- Technical Support Forum - official PC-specific tech forum
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 Issues fixed
- 7.1 Mouse lag/acceleration
- 7.2 Camera stuttering (stuttering while moving and looking around at the same time)
- 7.3 Pre-rendered cutscene flickering
- 7.4 Tutorial crash
- 7.5 No or negative performance gain when using SLI or Crossfire Multi-GPU setups and you have more than one monitor
- 7.6 Game lags and audio stutters with FX-Bulldozer CPU
- 7.7 Altered HUD Placement
- 8 System requirements
- 9 References
|Amazon.com||Standard or Augmented Edition.|
|Games Republic||OS X only.|
|Mac App Store||OS X only.|
- All Windows versions require Steam.
- The Augmented Edition includes an art book and other non-game extras (install under Tools in the Steam client). The Ultimate Edition includes this content.
- The Ultimate Edition is a complete edition with all DLC and the Augmented Edition extras. It is only available for OS X.
- The Director's Cut has various changes and additional content; refer to its page for details.
Downloadable content (DLC) and expansions
Skip intro videos
Use custom patch
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR\|
Save game data location
The file naming convention appears to be this:
gameq- Quicksave file (from pressing F5)
gamea2- Autosave files. Not sure yet if it alternates or if 2 is always the most recent.
gamer#(where # is 1 - 99) - Manual save files. A maximum number of 99 different save files are allowed at anytime.
saveindex- An index to all the save files. The save files will be useless if this file is missing/corrupted from the folder.
|Widescreen resolution||See the WSGF entry for recommended settings.|
|Multi-monitor||See the WSGF entry for recommended settings.|
|Field of view (FOV)||Up to 100°; locked at 75° when using multi-monitor resolutions.|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|High frame rate||No frame rate or refresh rate cap. Uncapped framerate can cause temporal inability to move after some pre-rendered cutscenes and loading screens.|
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||Although mouse acceleration is disabled, players could still experience some weird behaviors. See mouse "acceleration".|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
Fix mouse lag
|Separate volume controls||Music, Dialog, Sound Effects.|
|Surround sound||Up to 7.1 output.|
|Mute on focus lost|
- TweakGuides has created a comprehensive guide for fixing issues in this game. It can be found here.
Some users report that the mouse feels laggy and looking around feels unnatural. Some have attributed this to an implementation of mouse acceleration, however Eidos developer Jimo has stated that there is "no mouse smoothing applied in DXHR".
- The problem may simply be input lag which is usually related to V-Sync. Disabling V-Sync seems to fix input lag for most users.
Changing free look speed in registry
Other users, under the impression that the game implemented mouse smoothing, seem to have found a registry setting that modifies mouse behavior and have had some success with editing it to fix mouse lag. Use these steps (listed below) to edit this specific registry setting (Be sure to back up your registry before making any changes):
Camera stuttering (stuttering while moving and looking around at the same time)
Fixing camera stuttering
There are multiple solutions that people have reported work:
Pre-rendered cutscene flickering
There is an issue that affects players using AMD Crossfire whereby pre-rendered cutscenes, e.g. the opening scene, will flicker very visibly and be impossible to watch. To fix this, simply change the AMD Crossfire X mode for dehr.exe to "optimize 1x1" in the Catalyst Control center.
This issue has been fixed in the game's latest patch.
If your game crashes when a tutorial pops up and only shows black, go into the game options and disable tutorials.
No or negative performance gain when using SLI or Crossfire Multi-GPU setups and you have more than one monitor
You are more than likely experiencing microstutter. To fix this, disable your 2nd/3rd monitors in windows. So that you only are running one monitor.
Game lags and audio stutters with FX-Bulldozer CPU
If you own an AMD Bulldozer CPU and the game is laggy (or the audio is stuttering), you can download and run a program called Orochi-Ceg that may fix the issue. It should be noted that this solution is temporary and that it may have already been fixed by your motherboard manufacturer. You are recommended to search for a BIOS update on their website for a permanent fix.
You should not, in any case, run this program if you have an Intel processor.
There are modified unofficial BIOSes that you can run that may also fix the issues. Use of these BIOSes are at your own discretion.
Altered HUD Placement
Some users have discovered an issue where the HUD moves itself to the left-middle of the screen, as though it were placed for a different resolution. Although a restart of the game usually fixes it, this may not be the case for everyone. This thread, on Eidos' forums, details a number of other fixes users have tried, successfully, to remedy the fix.
|Operating system (OS)||XP||7|
|Processor (CPU)||Dual Core 2.0 GHz||AMD Phenom II X4 / Intel Core 2 Quad or better|
|System memory (RAM)||1 GB (XP) / 2 GB (Vista, 7)||2 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| NVIDIA GeForce 8 series
ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better
|AMD Radeon HD 5850 or better|
|Operating system (OS)|| |
|Processor (CPU)||2.0 GHz||2.4 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)|| |
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)||256 MB of VRAM||512 MB of VRAM|
- The following graphics cards are not supported on OS X: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD3000 and Intel GMA series.
- View topic - Deus Ex: Human Revolution | WSGF
- New 120Hz Games Report
- PC Gaming Surround Sound Round-up
- Eidos Forums - View Single Post - STUTTERING & LAG / FRAME RATE Drop - Video & Audio - All Discussion