| Release dates
February 5, 2009
- The game will use any connected webcam for various online features. There is an option in-game to turn off webcam use.
- The retail version of the game is limited to five activations.
- Neither the 'Cops and Robbers' game mode and cars, nor the 'Big Surf Island' DLC packs were released for PC.
- All other DLC packs are only available to North American players from Amazon.com and Green Man Gaming.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 Network
- 8 Issues unresolved
- 9 Issues fixed
- 10 System requirements
- 11 References
|Retail||Limited to five activations.|
|Steam||Can be unlocked on Origin.|
- Steam and Origin users can play together in multiplayer.
Downloadable content (DLC) and expansions
|Bonus Vehicle Pack|| Contains the following packs:
|Party Pack||Included in-game by default on The Ultimate Box release (the only version released on PC).|
|Big Surf Island||Never officially released on PC; recreated by modders (see Vanity Pack).|
- Cops and Robbers game mode never released on PC; cop cars recreated in mod (see Vanity Pack).
- DLC works on both Origin and Steam versions of the game (provided that an Origin account is used in-game).
- 1.1 is the latest PC version.
- Download link
- This tool can disable intro videos and music, in addition to make available all game video settings outside of it.
- Extensive mod (currently in active beta) to bring Big Surf Island to the PC version. It also comes with many additional features
- May result in a performance decrease in-game to run required background program and render the area.
Vanity Pack 2.0
- In all countries, except North America (see above) Burnout Paradise's DLCs are now abandonware.
Nonetheless it may be possible to trick Amazon
Step 1a: Automatically patch your save game
Step 1b: Manually patch your save game
Step 2a: Run a trainer every time you play the game
Step 2b: Permanently patch the game files
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%LOCALAPPDATA%\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise\*.ini|
Save game data location
|Windows||%LOCALAPPDATA%\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise\Save\|
|Multi-monitor||Option to select where HUD appears on multiple screens|
|4K Ultra HD|
|Field of view (FOV)||Bumper cam available|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)||Force in the graphics card control panel.|
|Anti-aliasing (AA)||Has heavy impact on game performance with some setups|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|High frame rate||Frame rate is capped at 60 FPS.|
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Online co-op||8||Freeburn challenges|
Temporary fixAlt-tab out of the game and then back to it. This is necessary every time the game is run.
Game crashes on startup
Issues with recording software
Issues with CL Eye Driver
Nvidia graphics issues
Windows 7 solution
How to go Online
- Anyone who has played this game knows that the online is completely broken for most. Here is a step by step guide about how to fix it.
"The product key you are using is invalid"
- Upon attempting to log into an EA/Origin account in order to play the game online, some users encounter the error "The product key you are using is invalid". This occurs if you are using a retail version of the game which you have registered online via Origin/EA Download Manager. The game recognizes that your CD key is already in use (on Origin), and thinks it is invalid.
- The only solution is to download and reinstall the game via Origin.
Controler not reconised at launch
|Operating system (OS)|| |
XP, Vista, 7, Server 2008 (R2)
|Processor (CPU)||2.8 GHz Pentium 4 Windows XP / 3.2 GHz Pentium 4 Windows Vista||2.4 GHz Celeron Dual Core / Athlon X2 2.4GHz|
|System memory (RAM)||1 GB (XP) / 1.5 GB (Vista)||2 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| Nvidia 6600
128 MB of VRAM
| AMD HD6670 |
Nvidia GT550Ti or equivalent
1 GB of VRAM
- This is not a very demanding game. It will run well on almost anything you can get these days. For maximum settings at 1920x1080, a little bit above the recommended configuration is going to serve you well.
- Wikipedia: Burnout Paradise Downloadable content
- Can a copy of Burnout:Paradise on Steam play with someone on Origin? : Reddit
- 100% Legal way to earn the missing DLC - Steam Users' Forums
- B0nk3rZ – Burnout Paradise – Ultimate Box
- Unlocking DLC for PC - View Single Post - Steam Users' Forums
- Burnout Paradise DLC Free Unlocker Hack / Crack / MOD - Gamer Hintz (retrieved)
- Run Burnout Paradise (& Other Full Screen Games) In A Window (Windowed Mode) - DuncsBlog
- New 120Hz Games Report
- Xbox controller not working? :: Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box General Discussions