Beyond Good & Evil
| Release dates
November 19, 2003
- Ubisoft game page
- Ubisoft forums
- The IRIS Network - A wiki for the game
- GOG.com Community Discussions
- GOG.com Support Page
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums for game series
- 1 Availability
- 2 Game data
- 3 Video settings
- 4 Input settings
- 5 Audio settings
- 6 VR support
- 7 Issues unresolved
- 8 Issues fixed
- 9 System requirements
- 10 References
|Green Man Gaming||DRM: SecuROM.|
- Every version except GOG.com and DVD-ROM uses Tages DRM, which isn't completely compatible with modern OS and systems.
- The GOG.com version has been modified to work with modern system directly including multithread wrapper and doesn't include DRM.
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubisoft\Beyond Good & Evil\|
Save game data location
sally.idxcontains an index of save game names which will not be shown if it is missing (saves can still be loaded).
- Options can only be changed in a launcher
|Widescreen resolution||See Widescreen resolution.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)|
|120+ FPS||Synchronization issues if running at more than 60 FPS.|
- All resolutions stretch from 4:3 without this fix.
- Because the game is internally rendered in a 16:9.4 aspect ratio instead of 16:9, you will see some very small borders on both sides of the game when playing in 16:9.
Use DX3D injector
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse acceleration||No mouse acceleration.|
|Mouse input in menus||Only mouse buttons.|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion||Y and X axis cannot be toggled individually.|
|Separate volume controls|
|Surround sound||Up to 7.0 output. May require DirectSound 3D restoration software.|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Nvidia 3D Vision|
Alt+Tab ↹ functions while in-game, but the window title bar will flicker in the game itself.
Texture Flickering Issues
Change video compatibility settings
Another popular fix is to simply disable anti-aliasing in the "Advanced Settings" menu and checking the manual compatibility box.If this doesn't work completely (some flickering still remains), the anti-aliasing can be overridden in the graphics card's control panel.
If you are having problems with the sound not syncing up with the picture, go launch
SettingsApplication.exe, go to "Sound Settings" and choose your Sound Card.
Note that using a monitor with a native refresh rate above 60 Hz may also lead to sync issues. To correct this, change your refresh rate to 60 Hz or use an FPS limiting program to set the max FPS to 60.
|Operating system (OS)||98 SE||ME, 2000 SP4, XP|
|Processor (CPU)||700 MHz Pentium III, Celeron, or AMD Athlon||1.3 GHz|
|System memory (RAM)|| 64 MB (98 SE)
128 MB (ME/2000/XP)
| 128 MB (98 SE)|
256 MB (ME/2000/XP)
|Hard disk drive (HDD)||2.2 GB||2.2 GB|
|Video card (GPU)|| ATI Radeon 7200
Nvidia GeForce1 256
32 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0b compatible
| ATI Radeon 9500 |
Nvidia GeForce 3
64 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible