Assassin's Creed III
| Release dates
November 20, 2012
|Assassin's Creed II||2010|
|Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood||2010|
|Assassin's Creed: Revelations||2011|
|Assassin's Creed III||2012|
|Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag||2013|
|Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry|
|Assassin's Creed Liberation HD||2014|
|Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry||2014|
|Assassin's Creed: Unity||2014|
- Steam Community Discussions
- Steam Users' Forums for Assassin's Creed series
- Ubisoft Forums PC specific
- Ubisoft Forums Technical Help and Advice Forum
- Neoseeker Forums
- Performance analysis at BenchmarK3D.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Essential improvements
- 3 Game data
- 4 Video settings
- 5 Input settings
- 6 Audio settings
- 7 Network
- 8 Issues fixed
- 8.1 Game freeze and/or tabs to black Windows screen
- 8.2 AC3SP.exe has stopped working
- 8.3 Low FPS when running two cards in Crossfire.. (Might work for SLI, not tested.)
- 8.4 Crash with faulty module dlumd32.dll
- 8.5 d3dx9_27.dll error
- 8.6 Crash right after introduction video
- 8.7 Display driver has stopped responding with GeForce 5xx GPUs
- 8.8 Stuck in the Introduction to stockpile and trade
- 8.9 Graphics Glitching with Anti-Aliasing on very high
- 8.10 Launching the game crashes the computer, forcing an hard reboot
- 8.11 Other recommendations
- 9 System requirements
- 10 References
- All versions require Uplay.
Skip intro videos
Rename/delete videos • Link
Configuration file(s) location
|Windows||%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Assassin's Creed III|
Save game data location
|Widescreen resolution||Anamorphic 16:9; other aspect ratios are letterboxed.|
|Field of view (FOV)|
|Borderless fullscreen windowed|
|Anisotropic filtering (AF)|
|Vertical sync (Vsync)||Enabled by default. See Vertical sync (Vsync).|
|High frame rate||No frame rate or refresh rate cap.|
Change vysnc single-player • Link
|Keyboard and mouse||Native||Notes|
|Mouse input in menus|
|Mouse Y-axis inversion|
|Full controller support|
|Controller Y-axis inversion|
|Separate volume controls|
|Mute on focus lost|
|Turkish||Use Assassin's Creed 3 Türkçe Yama ve İncelemesi.|
Game freeze and/or tabs to black Windows screen
In this case often a bubble of info stating that the nVidia driver has been restarted.
According to the Gforce forums clocking down ones GPU processor speed by 50Hz will fix the problem. MSI Afterburner is often recommended for this task.
(Underclocking by these small numbers is absolutely safe.
AC3SP.exe has stopped working
Delete save file • LinkYour save file may be corrupted. If you delete your save file and disable automatic cloud save sync in Uplay, the game will be able to run without crashing.
Low FPS when running two cards in Crossfire.. (Might work for SLI, not tested.)
Set to single card mode • Link
If you experience having low FPS with your crossfire setup, try disabling crossfire (running the game with only one card). This can be done under the "Performance" section of the AMD Catalyst Control Center, under the CrossfireX tab.I went from unstable 60fps with drops down to 30-40fps to running it smoothly at 60FPS. Might help, might not, not a guaranteed fix, just sharing what worked for me. This game still needs a patch for the overall performance.
Crash with faulty module dlumd32.dll
Update DisplayLink driver • LinkDownload drivers from DisplayLink site.
Update DirectX • LinkDownload the latest DirectX End-User Runtime.
Crash right after introduction video
Install missing Windows updates • LinkYour Windows is not updated. Install all Recommended updates via Windows Update.
Display driver has stopped responding with GeForce 5xx GPUs
This is probably a fault with the GeForce 5xx default voltage settings being set too low (one possible theory is that people complained about the previous generation of card having too high a power consumption). You can underclock your GPU or slightly rise GPU voltage.
GPU voltage tweak • Link
Stuck in the Introduction to stockpile and trade
Stuck in the Introduction to stockpile and trade fix • Link
Graphics Glitching with Anti-Aliasing on very high
Change AMD driver version • LinkFor AMD: Download Catalyst beta drivers from AMD website. Ver 12.11
Launching the game crashes the computer, forcing an hard reboot
If you are using Comodo Firewall • Link
If when you launch the game your pc crashes and you're forced to reboot, it might be Comodo's Fault. To solve this:
- Install game on your C drive.
- Laptop GPUs are not supported at all.
- Run game as administrator.
- Verify Integrity of Game Cache in Steam.
- Uplay should be version 2.1.1 and newer.
- Make sure that your firewall is not blocking game executible files including Uplay software.
- If you have nVidia GPU, turn off FSAA and VSYNC in nVidia Control Panel.
- Try different graphics drivers. Some reports say that 306.23 nVidia and 12.6 for AMD works.
- Set compatibility mode to Windows XP and run game as administrator.
|Operating system (OS)|| |
Vista SP2, 7 SP1, 8
|Processor (CPU)|| |
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better recommended
|System memory (RAM)||2 GB||4 GB|
|Hard disk drive (HDD)|| |
|Video card (GPU)|| |
512 MB of VRAM
DirectX 9.0c compatible
Shader model 4.0 support
- New 120Hz Games Report